I just had my first payment from Google Adsense and it feels awesome. I feel like I’m so connected with google. I received the money through Western Union money transfer. After the transaction, I though of sharing it with you. It’s my first time receiving money through western union and I guess I’ll stick to this method for now in accepting payments from Google.
Let’s make an assumption that somebody from other part of the globe send you money through western union and it’s your first time to receive money. Here’s what to do.
1. Prepare the Requirements. Basically, what you need to prepare in order to receive money in through Western Union are the following information:
- You are required to bring 1 valid ID. To help you out, here’s a list of acceptable IDs you can bring with you. Don’t overcomplicate things here. If you got any of these, you only need 1 ID to bring.
- Passport, OWWA, Driver’s License, OFW ID, PRC, Seaman’s Book, NBI Clearance (Updated), SSS Card, Postal ID, Student ID, Voter’s ID, IBP, GSIS, Senior Citizen’s Card, Employment ID, Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID ID)
- Other Acceptable IDs: Police clearance certificate, Alien Certificate of Registration, Firearm License, NCWDP id, and other IDs issued by the government and its instrumentalities (Digitized Hard Plastic Type)
- For Domestic Money Transfer (within the country) worth P3000 and below, once per month, the following Non-Digitized Government Card with Picture can be accepted:DSWD Certification, Tin Card, Barangay Clearance/Certification, Homeowners ID, Philhealth ID Card, and other IDs issued by the government and its instrumentalities (Digitized Hard Plastic Type)
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security System Number (SSS) or GSIS Number. You only need one identification number. Either of the 3 numbers mentioned will do fine.
- Money Transfer Control Number. This is the 10-Digit number given by the money sender. You need to ask the person to give you this number else, you won’t be able to get the money.
- Exact Amount To-Be-Received. Same thing, you are required to know the exact amount of money you are going to receive. You need to ask the money sender if he/she did not tell you the exact amount.
- Additional here…
2. Go to the nearest Western Union branch. If you’re not aware of the nearest Western Union branch in your area, you can always check google for this matter.
3. Ready the following:
- 10 digit Money Transfer Control Number MTCN
- The name of the SENDER
- Origin of the country where the money is coming from i.e: Singapore, Los Angeles, Australia, USA and etc. You need to include the CITY and STATE
- The amount of money to be received either PHP or USD
Note: If the money to be received is coming from other countries, the cost of Documentary Stamp Tax (DST) will be deducted. DST is equivalent of P0.30 for every P200. That’s about 0.15% of the money sent.
This is based on Section 180 of 1997 Tax Code and Revenue Regulation No. 13-2004 that states the provision of the law based on Republic Act No. 9243.
4. If you’re a new customer and it’s your first time to receive money through western union, kindly ask for Western Union Customer Form and fill-out the necessary fields.
There are two types of forms namely International Form and Domestic Form. There’s really not much of a difference between the two. If the money is coming from other country, just get the international form and for local transfer, get the domestic form. Plain and simple.
Here’s how these forms look like:
Just ask the staff for the form you need then fill it out just like what’s on the images above.
5. Wait until you get your money. It took me around 15 minutes to process everything mainly because I asked a bunch of questions lol. If there’s no long queuing line, you should be able to get your money around 15 mins or less.