In this post, we’ll present several small business ideas for introverts and the shy people. Don’t get me wrong here, I know the difference between a shy and an introvert and we’re not going to talk about it here. There are a lot of skilled and intelligent introverts however, what makes them not fit into the typical business setup is they usually get drained with the social interactions involved.
The businesses that will fit the introverts are the businesses that don’t involve a lot of team work and personal selling. Introverts love to work on their own. They excel working from the comfort of their own house or private area where they can do their craft.
I am an introvert myself and I also work at home. So if you are an introvert like me who opt to stay at home most of the time, then this is for you! If you know somebody or you have friends who are also introverts and shy and they want to start a business, they will definitely love this post. You’re free to share it with them 🙂
Small Business Ideas For Introverts and Shy People
1. Web Designer – There are a lot of introverts in this kind of business. I don’t know but I’ve just heard that there are many forms of art where mild autism is involved. Well anyways. Web designing can be done purely online and you can do the payment online, marketing online, send the design online, and etc.
If you are into arts and an introvert, web design business is for you.
2. Web Developer – Being a web developer, like web designer can be a good business for introverts. Introverts love to think whether it be an idealism, a solution to a problem, going to another world, or what not, web development is one of those businesses introverts can get themselves into.
3. SEO – SEO includes psychology, statistics, arts, emotion, and etc. If you’re an introvert who loves to learn many things then SEO is for you. Such an immense topic but usually can be done with just common sense. Again, all transaction can be done online 🙂
4. Blogging – Blogging has been a way to express one’s self. However, with the advent of the technology, the game has changed and blogging has become the trend on the internet. Introverts are typically skilled people and one of the ways they can showcase it without the physical social interaction is through blogging.
It’s up to you if you want to stay anonymous or reveal your identity. There are bunch of introverts now in this kind of business who became millionaires. Perfect!
Getting started with blogs is as easy as ABC. Here’s a guide you can follow in setting up a WordPress site using Bluehost.
5. Fiction Writing (Novels, Romance, etc.) – If you’re the type of introvert who love to create your own world then this is perfect for you! Get your thoughts written and make a business out of it! Just learn how to write then voila!
6. Music Writer – Analytical and creative thinking is one of the strongest points for introverts. If you happen to have skills in music such as arranging scores or lyrics writing, you can make a business out of it!
7. Painter – This is a no brainer Lol. If you’re into painting you can always lock yourself in your room the whole week just and do some awesome artworks and then sell your stuffs online or join an art exhibit.
8. Pet Care Taker – This is not really a lucrative type business (or is it?) but hey! If you’re living in a subdivision with bunch of pet owners, you may want to place yourself as a pet care taker. Since you’re just at home, why not earn while playing and feeding some cute cats, dogs, and giraffes and cobras? LOL you get the point.
9. Craft Related Business – If you love to bake cakes or you’re into building cool DIY stuffs, then create a business out of it! You can sell personalize items such as pouch, bracelets, home decors, and etc. It’s all up to you! As long as it can be monetize and there are people who appreciate your crafts, you can earn from it!
10. Translator – If you know 2 or 3 or more languages, then make a business out of that! Be a translator or write a book regarding learning a language then sell it. What you only need is to get that book done and let others do the marketing for you.
This list is still to be updated. Just revisit this post for more. 🙂
Introverts don’t crave much for glorification and don’t want to be the center of attraction. Despite their unparalleled abilities, they seem to be left out in terms of the business side of things.
Most of the time, business minded people and marketers are the ones who benefit and get the most out of introverts’ skills. I want to get rid of this or at least make an awareness regarding this taking advantage of our skilled kababayans.
Well that’s it! I hope you’ve learned something from this post! Don’t forget to share this with your introverted friends! If you got something to share you do for a living or just want to say hi, type it in the comment section below and don’t forget to subscribe! 🙂