Have you tried buying online? If not, then read more as I show you several aspects of making transactions with the top online shopping stores in the Philippines. There are a lot of misconceptions and fears that hods people to shop online so in this post, I will try to eliminate your fear of not buying online by showing you the reasons and the benefits why you should. This will be a long post but I’ll try to inform you as much as possible and answer all possible questions in your head.
- Top online shopping sites in Philippines
- Payment Options Available in Philippines
- The Fear
- Online Shopping Tips
With the power of web, simply by searching or typing the address of your favorite online shopping site in the philippines, you can now buy most of the things you want such as:
- Fashion items
You can just simply search and canvass for the most affordable price then voila! you can now make your decision to buy your items online. You don’t need to go out and waste your precious time traveling going back and forth to different malls.
Alright! So let’s first discuss the most common or the top online shopping sites in the Philippines.
Top Online Shopping Sites in the Philippines:
1. Lazada.com.ph – This is the Philippine’s top online shopping site. Their Facebook page currently has around 14 million likes and they got a lot of advertisements on facebook. Have you seen one? Yeah and it’s kinda annoying seeing their ads floating on the side of your timeline as well as on the scroll. What’s good about lazada is they give a lot of offers and discounts. You just need to enter a coupon code or wait for an event’s promo.
Here’s what other people fear about. There are a lot negative feedback and comments regarding their services which is sad to hear BUT you should not be affected much. The big names such as Amazon and Ebay also receive a bunch of complains daily. However you just need to be informed that other’s experience might not be true for you specially if you’re buying a different item. We personally have our own store inside Lazada so I know how things work there.
By the way, if you are somebody who have a business and you sell products, you might want to read: Fast way to sell your products online. Here, you will have a glimpse of how most of these online shopping sites in the Philipines.work.
2. Zalora – If you want to shop online for fashion items, then zalora is the way to go!
3. Metrodeal – Yet another online shopping site based in the philippines. However, this site also offer travel deals which is kinda new to the scene. They say they treat their customers the way they like to be treated. I haven’t personally made any transaction with metrodeal but if you happen to find something you want to buy online from them, you can just simply search for reviews and feedback online.
4. Goods.ph – This online shopping site is unique in a way that you can actually even shop groceries online! This is a bit funny. I’m actually thinking if it would worth the cost of putting low priced items in their site but it’s up to their strategy. Overall this site has good feedback and as usual some negatives as well.
5. OLX.ph (Previously sulit.com.ph) – We started our business here and all I can say is that if you need some second hand items, you can buy online at olx.ph. The computer I’m currently using to blog here is a result of a sulit.com.ph transactions. There are a lot of trustworthy sellers there with bunch of good feedback just be careful with the scammers. We really cannot eliminate them in this kind of business.
Next things that we’ll be talking about is the payment methods..
Payment Options for Online Shopping Sites in Philippines
Payment option or payment method may vary for different online stores. You can simply search on google the payment option available for a particular online shop you prefer. I listed down below the most common methods people use to buy online in the Philippines:
- Cash on Delivery or COD
- Credit Card and Debit Card Payments
- Paypal Payments
- Bank Transfer
- BDO Installment
- Smart Money
These are the major payment options if you are shopping online in Philippines but take note that there are other things out there that I’m not aware so better check it on your own.
I personally use BPI eprepaid card to buy online. It acts similar to a creditcard and I use it for buying not just local but outside the country as well. You can check my article on that to know more about it.
Most of the time, I hear people say that they don’t like the idea of online money transaction because of the security issues. Well, to tell you honestly, although it has been like that before but today, it’s not the case anymore. If my words here don’t suffice to convince you, I suggest you find somebody you personally know who already bought products online then ask him or her.
You really just need to build the confidence and for you to overcome the fear, you need to at least try. Best thing I can suggest is to try buy low-priced products first to gain your buying confidence then next is to buy tools and gadgets online.
If you haven’t bought anything online yet, I’ll tell you, you are being left behind the economic trend. There are bunch of businesses today who do money transactions trough the internet. It is a skill, I can say, that can be used not just today but in the years to come.
Tips When Shopping Online in the Philippines
If you are new to shopping online in philippines, take these tips to help you make your first transaction or if you’ve been buying online for quite some time now, then read this to make you more aware
1. Buy on Popular Websites – Make sure you are buying from somebody who is already there for quite some time now. Don’t buy from sites that who just existed yesterday. This way you’ll be able to have an assurance that the site is credible.
2. Buy online from sites with https – There are two versions of it, the http:// and the https://. The additional “s” in the url of the site stands for secured or security. It is also represented by a green icon. If you don’t know anything about this, tip#1 will suffice 🙂
3. Shop items with good feedback – One of the best assurance (though it may fail sometimes) to buy a quality product is to check if it has good reviews and feedback. The more reviews, the better you’ll be able to make a good decision.
4. Do not transact money from a computer with virus – Make sure your computer does not have a virus before shopping online. Hackers might get information regarding your bank account, credit cards, personal information and etc. Make sure to have an antivirus installed on your computer. However, if you’re not confident with your computer, tablets and smartphones are generally safe to use when buying online.
5. Beware not to disclose important account information – If you don’t want your money to fade away in your bank or swim in debt. Do not disclose your password, security numbers, pins, and etc.
You might want to read: Top Shopping Sites in Philippines with Cash On Delivery