If you’re just starting in network marketing, these tips will help you how to become a successful network marketer. If you’re already in the business for quite some time now, then read more for you might get valuable information you haven’t learned before.
This will be a long read and really not good for people who are impatient and have poor mindset.
This is a list of tips in doing networking business in the Philippines. The information below are the consolidated answers and strategies from the top network marketers around the Philippines and abroad. The following information below may apply whether you’re in a new company or in top 10 networking companies in the Philippines, it doesn’t matter.
1. Mind setting
A positive mindset cannot guarantee success. However, a negative mindset is a guarantee failure. In everything you do, it takes a lot of optimistic thinking to be successful. How we think is a big factor how to become successful in network marketing.
Think of these carefully..
- Many Filipinos want to be rich. However, we are born in a society with the poor’s lifestyle, poor’s thinking. We are brought up in a poor’s culture. We need to be aware so that we can get away from of these. This may be striking and offending to some but here are the reason why.
- Here in Philippines, the scary characters in horror movies lived in huts (mga kubo), mountain type of setting (sa mga bundok), and etc. With foreign horror movies, vampires (mga bampira) are living in mansions or castles. See the BIG difference? Even horror characters here in our country are poor while they can be otherwise.
- Here in the philippines, it is common to see people blaming the government about poverty. However, rich’s mindset is not even close to that. Rich’s mindset always takes the responsibility for the outcome of their actions. They don’t blame other people on their failure. If you want to be success in your business, take responsibility to the point that your taking responsibilities for other people’s actions as well.
- We are living in a country where a lot of people love to procrastinate. What would you expect? You need to make a difference.
- We Filipinos are so humble to the extent that our meekness limit our dreams to the point that we tell ourselves “I don’t want to be rich”. There are other poor programs in our brain such as “Rich are rude people”, “Rich are evil”, “It’s hard to be rich” and etc.
- We are in a country where people spend more time watching non-sensible television programs than spend time on something more productive. Again, you need to make a difference if you want to succeed.
We are in a country where people are programmed to follow the path of least resistance. That Instead of taking risk of having our own business, we follow what others are doing because it’s easier and safer.
Just be aware and accept these things. People tend to hate you for not taking the same path as them. Even your parents will be against your decisions which is one of the hardest to resist. They will tell you about the debts you need to pay, your payback responsibilities and all that stuff.
Do not fall for these traps. You need to be successful. Do not worry. You will surely gain them back once you reached your goals.
There are a lot of other negative programming, mind setting, and life situations which we cannot cover all here. The important thing is, you need to be aware of these. Awareness will save you to not fall for the trap of following the path of least resistance.
As long as you know what you are doing and you know the opportunity your business can give, you will become successful eventually.
If you think you are in the right entrepreneurial mindset, here’s a list of profitable business ideas you can start here in the Philippines.
2. Surround yourself with people who have same goal as yours.
Birds of the same feather flock together
Network marketing is a business where a lot of people are so negative about. Since there have been a lot of people who failed in this industry, the notion or impression of network marketing industry is a scam to many. With so much negativity from common people. You need to be with those who are staying in the industry. If you want to be successful in your network marketing business, be with those who are successful.
Tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are.
If you spend time with the losers, you will likely to be one. If you spend time with the successful people, you will likely to succeed as well.
Here’s a thing to ponder..
If you lived your childhood life with a lot of negative ideas, practices, attitudes, and scenarios from your surroundings, most likely you have acquired big part of them, if not all. You don’t have the capacity yet to criticize about what your environment is giving you. All you do is absorb them and in turn, you acquire most of the things in your environment
Now that you’re an adult who can entertain thoughts who can actually filter what to accept and what to disregard, you have now the power to junk all away your previous wrong beliefs. But you need some time to flush the more than 10 years of wrong programming by the society, media, people around you and etc. It may take couple of weeks or months but you just need to learn all the new success principles and practices.
Always remember to be picky whom you are spending your time with. People around you definitely is a big factor that can either make you or break you.
3. Don’t quit your day job yet.
One of the mistakes new network marketers who join networking company is quitting their day job. Though this really depends on the situation but it is not really required to sacrifice your day job yet as you still need your income to fund your new business specially meeting prospects.
Here’s what others don’t see..
Don’t quit your day job yet because you are in one of the best place to do prospecting! Get the advantage of prospecting a lot of people you know in your company. You can sweep all the people in your company as a start. You may get one or two people who will join you out of the hundreds of people and that is really a good start. You can even make an automated way to do prospecting.
However if you really want to workout your business more than the top earners in your company, if you have savings enough to support you in your network marketing journey, then go. Most people who has the capacity to think “they can” are the ones who actually do.
You might be interested in: Why quitting is necessary for success.
4. Get used to being rejected.
If you are into network marketing, one of the things you need to stick in your mind that you will be rejected. You have to love rejections. The basic rule is that you cannot make sales if there’s no objections.
What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger
Objections are way to learn what your prospects really want. You need to understand that objections are problems presented by your prospects. Once you received a statement of rejection, you just need to turn it around back to your prospects. Help them solve what is keeping them from buying from you or joining the opportunity you are presenting to them.
Here are some tips in handling rejection..
- Accept the rejection ahead of time.
- Don’t take the rejections personally. What your prospects is rejecting are your offers and not you.
- Have a friend you trust to talk to. Your friends are one of your outlet where you can release all the negative vibes you get from your business.
- Do something else. You can always give yourself a time for you to unwind. You can play your favorite sports, go to the gym, watch movies with your loved ones, and etc.
- Re-frame the rejection. This is just looking things on a different perspective. A problem, in a perspective, can be seen as an opportunity to learn. Though a problem itself is a negative thing but it becomes positive when you it as an opportunity
If you are the type of person who really don’t like rejections, if you are citizen of the Philippines, then this No Rejection Marketing Strategy may work for you.
5. Give value to your prospect
There are other network marketing business in the philippines. You have to give your prospects the edge that you have over your competitors. You need to give value to your prospects as much as you can. You need to continuously learn about the business even your competitor’s businesses or even outside the country’s businesses. You will not able to give value to your prospects if you yourself don’t have it.
Learn the Law of Reciprocity. A law that says..
When someone does something nice for you, you will have a deep-rooted psychological urge to do something nice in return.
One of the factors why your prospect will grab your opportunity or buy what you are selling is when they feel they have received something that is of similar value. This is so powerful that most of the internet marketing revolves in this kind of so called “inbound marketing”, where the goal is to give their prospects a non-monetary value for their prospects to purchase what they are offering.
6. Have a system
In any business, there should always a marketing and business strategy. Network marketing is a copy business that whoever is on the top should be copied by those who are on the bottom for the network to grow. Those who are on the top should focus empowering those who are on the bottom. This is the system in network marketing. A cycle that needs to be repeated in order for the business to grow.
The top network marketing companies today in the Philippines, have structured training programs where their new members can learn. Here are some of the topics their programs tackle:
- Mind Setting
- Product Presentation Training
- Marketing Plan
- Distributors Training
- Leader’s Training
- Special Training
- and etc.
The system you need to build in your company is a system that results to effective duplication. Network marketing’s power is through leveraging and for you to actually benefit from the leverage of other people’s work, you yourself should work and learn first. By the time you already know the ins and outs of network marketing, that is the time you train somebody else to duplicate yourself. That is the time you are eligible to be called a “coach” or a “mentor”.
7. Continuous Learning
Any business requires some skills for it to run properly. But for you to go with the ever changing marketing strategies, technologies, and other fluctuations, you should have a continuous learning. Remember this, once your learning get stagnant, you’ll be left out of the competition. You should always set a part of your earnings to go to your learning.
Here are some of the things you can do for your continuous learning to be successful in network marketing business.
- You should read top selling business books on a regular basis. Reading it twice or thrice is very recommended as the information on that book will sink more into your being.
- Listen to podcast. While traveling listen to recorded audio presentations and podcast using your smart phone.
- Follow the top people in this industry so that you’ll always get the hottest trend in the business.
- Learn how technology can help your network marketing business
- Study what top marketers do, what they have, what they do on a regular basis, what they eat, how they think, and etc.
- Join online community of network marketers.
- Study other things aside from network marketing then create analogy. Try to learn science, history, economics, sports, music, and etc. Oftentimes, other subject matter can give you amazing perspectives on how you can approach your network marketing business.
- Learn how to sell, how to speak, and how to tap on other people’s lives. For you to sell, you should know your target customers very well. Learn how to communicate with them effectively by learning their language, their other activities, what they want, where they go, etc.
- Learn the psychology behind selling. Learn the sales personality, how to approach a prospect, the creatives of selling, the sales process, how to handle objections, how to manage time, they key points you need in order to sell, and etc.
- Have a set of scripts. It is always to have a good list of scripts that you can use to answer the commonly asked questions. You also need scripts especially for responding to rejection and closing a sale.
- Practice, practice, practice.
- and etc.
8. Practice self discipline & self control
Your ability to discipline yourself “to do what you should, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not” is the key to becoming a great person and living a great life. – Brian Tracy
It has been found out that people with high level of self control and self discipline are people with the highest success rate in just about any industry. Brian Tracy’s book The Miracle of Self-discipline: The “No-Excuses” Way to Getting Things Done holds many truths about people who fail to succeed in their businesses and how you can change it. Your perspective,
9. Have a list of prospects
One wrong mindset of network marketers is that they treat network marketing as a “sideline” business where they will be doing it only when they feel like doing it. A big NO. If you really want to have your success in network marketing, treat it more than the way you treat your day job. Don’t expect to have your network marketing income higher than your current salary if you work lesser on your business. You’ll spend a lot of effort on the the first one to three years, you’ll reap your rewards later. I’ve seen people who make it to the top earners in less than a year. To help you do that, here’s list of ways you can find prospects in your mlm business.
- Warm Market. Make sure that before moving on to other people, contact those people you know first.
- Casual Acquaintance. Some of your best prospects normally are the ones you don’t know well such as friends of friends and acquaintances.
- Referrals. Ask people you know if they know anyone who might be interested in the opportunity you are offering.
- Person Standing in Line. One of the easiest method to start a conversation is to smile on your prospect and if your prospect smiles back, you can start conversation by saying “Hi, how are you?” then your followup scripts
- Restaurant Owners and Servers. Have a deal with the restaurant owners that if they join you, you promise them that you will host all your lunch/dinner meetings in their place. A win win situation.
- Gyms / Fitness clubs. If your business is about nutritional products, there are bunch of people here.
- Food Court. Very efficient way to approach many people in short amount of time. You can say something like “Can I sit with you?” then say your scripts.
- Facebook Friends. The ones who liked most of your posts are one of your great prospects!
- Other social media networks. Learn how to utilize the technology to find prospects on the internet. There are bunch of people who are really good in doing this and making millions out of it.
- Build and email list. You can build a lead capture page that builds email list of those who are interested in your offers.
- Parents Teachers Association. Good way to expand your local network.
- Birthday Parties. A good opportunity to network while everybody is partying.
- Mommy Groups. Stay at home moms are great prospects as these moms are always wanting a good source of income with flexible hours
- Trade Booths. You can showcase your products by joining trade booths.
- Your service providers. Maybe your repairman, your cable guy, your gas man, don’t waste the opportunity to prospect these guys.
- Guerrilla Marketing. You can simply drop calling cards, left some flyers, put logos on your car, wear clothing with your company logo, and etc.
There are bunch of other strategies out there. Exhaust all your resources. You just have to be creative so that you won’t get out of prospects to talk to everyday.
10. Learn how to close a deal.
In Philippines, this is where most new network marketers seem to struggle. Are you one of them? They always ask their uplines how to close a deal, what to say, and what to do. We’ll here’s the fact. No matter how good you are in closing a deal, not all prospects will join you.
But actually, this is just really simple. After your presentation ask them “Kamusta?” (How was it?). If your prospect says it’s good or shows interest, there will only be three answers. Either your prospect will 1. Join, 2. will think about it, and 3. Will not join.
Let’s go to those prospects who “will think about it” (Pagiisipan ko muna). After they tell you this line, ask them “what are you going to think about”. If they say something like “I’ll save money for the mean time” (Magiipon muna ako), then ask them “when will think you can accumulate money” (kailan ka makakapag-ipon).
In short, you will be helping your prospect to solve anything that bothers or hinders him to join.
If your prospect say “I don’t have money”, then talk about how you can help them accumulate money. If your prospect always has problems to every solution you give, then get enough of him. Your prospect might not really want to join you. Maybe it’s not the perfect time yet for your prospect to join. If this is the case, then move on to you next prospect.
“You cannot teach a worm to fly, or a bird to swim. It takes some time for them to learn and adjust.”
Leave them with your calling card and you might not know, after one or two years, once they are ripe, they will call you back.
I hope this article helped you on your way to your network marketing success. If think you have valuable things to share, have other tips on how to be successful in network marketing, let’s talk it down on the comment section below. Have a nice day! 🙂