If you already have a previous NBI Clearance, you don’t need to repeat the very same process the first time you apply for it.
There’s no need for NBI Renewal applicants to go the same procedure of setting an online appointment and going to NBI Clearance Office. A lot of people are busy specially like us who are working.
Filipinos can now renew their clearance through the NBI Clearance Quick Renewal feature. You can now just simply request for it and get it delivered to your address.
Without any further ado, here’s a guide on how you can quickly request for an NBI Clearance Renewal. Feel free to ask questions on the comments section below.
If it’s your first time getting an NBI Clearance, you might want to read instead: NBI Clearance Online – Registration & First Time Application.
(Just click on any link to jump on a particular section in this guide)
NBI Clearance Requirements for Renewal
There are two (2) ways to renew your NBI Clearance: (1) via Quick Renewal Program or (2) via Standard Process. In any case you need to prepare the necessary documents for your transaction to continue.
1. Prepare your previous (Old or Expired) copy of NBI Clearance
Of course, for NBI to acknowledge that you are applying for a renewal, there should be something to renew. You need the previous NBI Clearance to recover the NBI ID. It is a set of alpha-numeric characters that is on your old NBI clearance.
However, if in any case you lost your previous clearance, there’s no other way but to start from scratch.
If you cannot present your old NB Clearance you are not qualified for renewal. We are sad to say this but you need to set another appointment, pay your transaction via 7/11 or other payment option, and go on your appointment schedule.
(Let me just sing with you one of my favorite songs.. “And now we’re starting over again ♪♫♪”)
2. Provide at least one (1) Government Valid ID
You need a valid ID to renew your NBI Clearance via the NBI Quick Renewal System. Your ID will be used for validation purposes when you are to receive the delivery from the courier.
If you are to renew using the Regular Process you will be needing one valid ID in setting up an appointment. In many cases, it is recommended to prepare at least two (2) government IDs just in case the NBI personnel ask you to present another for further verification.
Here’s a list of accepted valid IDs you can use on your NBI renewal application:
- Postal ID
- Senior Citizen ID
- UMID (SSS and GSIS)
- Philhealth ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Pag-IBIG ID (not the Loyalty Card)
- Voter’s ID or Certificate of Registration
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Police Clearance
- PRC License
- Driver’s License
- and other valid IDs
NBI management said that all other IDs that are not issued by the government such as Company ID and Barangay Clearance will not be accepted. Make sure all your IDs are legitimate and are not fake (Recto made) or you will find yourself in further trouble with your application.
It is recommended to bring the IDs that has your recent photo and your basic information.
2. How much is NBI Clearance Renewal
The overall fee for NBI Clearance Quick Renewal costs Php 335. The NBI Clearance fee is Php 130. On top of that, there’s an Express delivery fee that costs Php 200 and additional Php 25 for using the e-payment system. Take note that the cost for express delivery may vary depending on your location.
NBI Clearance Online Renewal Process: 2 Methods
1. NBI Clearance Quick Renewal System
This process is for people who are in urgent need of their NBI Clearance. There’s no need for you to set an appointment and do all the tedious process like going to an NBI branch anymore.
Using this method, you can expedite your NBI Clearance Renewal with only around five (5) to ten (10) working days of waiting time. This is just like ordering products you want from Lazada or Shopee.
Just make sure that there’s nothing to be changed in any of the information from your old NBI Clearance. For example, if you got married and your previous NBI Clearance still holds your maiden’s name, then you cannot pursue this. Just go straight to method number two (2).
2. Regular & Standard Procedure
Just in case you’re not able to use the Quick Renewal System and you need to correct either a letter on your name, update of address, change your surname, or what have you, this option is the way to go.
This process is very much like the process when you first get your NBI Clearance online. You need to set appointment and appear personally at the NBI Office for your biometrics.
Here’s a more detailed step-by-step guide for your NBI Renewal.
NBI Clearance Quick Renewal Process
Note: Temporarily, the NBI Clearance Quick Renewal feature is under system maintenance. The maintenance might end up anytime soon but just in case you’re not able to use the service, the maintenance is still on going and the only way to get and renew you NBI Clearance is through the regular process.
- Open the NBI Clearance Online Service website.
- Click on to the “NBI Clearance Quick Renewal” located on the lower right area of the animated illustration (see the highlighted portion on the image above).
- Get the copy of your old NBI Clearance and locate the NBI ID that contains alpha numeric character. This can be found on the upper right corner of the document.
- Enter the NBI ID on the pop-up box that appeared and hit “Verify” to continue.
- Fill out all the information needed in the Quick Renewal Delivery Form.
- Triple check the correctness of all the information you entered and hit “Next”.
- Choose the most convenient payment option for you. Currently, there are are six (6) payment options where you can choose from:
- Bank Over Counter
- Mobile Payment
- Online Bank
- Bayad Center
- Save the reference number that will appear on your screen. This will be used during your payment at your chosen bank or payment outlet. Just follow the proceeding instruction if you choose to pay the fee online.
- Pay your NBI clearance renewal fee which is worth Php 330. The cost for express delivery is higher compared with regular method because you are utilizing the express delivery service. On top of the renewal fee, there is an additional Php 25 service fee for using e-payment service.
- Next thing to do is wait. Patience is the key. Expect your renewed NBI Clearance to be delivered after five (5) to ten (10) days from the time you pay the fees. The speed of delivery depends on your location.
If you want to make sure that your application is being processed, you can contact NBI Office through the contact information below:
- [email protected]
- (02) 5228788 (local 5523)
Regular NBI Renewal Process.
If for any reason you cannot renew your NBI Clearance with the quick renewal program, this is the way to go. However, the conventional process requires you to register online, schedule an appointment at NBI Office, and claim your clearance personally.
This process is suitable for those people who need to correct, update, or edit any of the information with their previous NBI Clearance.
But before you continue, since this takes a little time, I suggest you to play some music on the background to set the mood.
Step 1: Open the NBI Clearance Online Service Website.
- Log-in with the email and password you use during the first time you registered.
- Once logged-in, your information will be shown on your profile’s dashboard. Review all the information you previously entered and check if there are necessary changes to be made. Make sure to triple check everything so you will not waste your effort just because of a typo error.
- Click “Edit Information” if there’s anything to edit but if everything is okay, hit “Apply For Clearance” to continue with your NBI renewal.
Step 2: Schedule an online appointment for NBI Clearance renewal.
- Clicking the “Apply For Clearance” button will prompt you to select a government valid ID you will bring on your appointment date. Also make sure to bring your previous copy of NBI Clearance. All renewal applicants are required to bring their old NBI clearances.
- Next, you will be prompted to select your appointment schedule. You need to select the NBI branch where you will get your NBI Clearance. You can only get your NBI Clearance from your chosen branch and not from any other branches.
- Once the NBI branch is selected, the available schedule for that branch will appear next. The blue ones indicate that there are still available slots for that day. It’s up to you whether you will choose AM or PM appointment.
Step 3: Select payment method and pay the NBI Clearance renewal fee.
- Once you are done scheduling your appointment, go to the area where you will select the payment option where you will pay your renewal fee. There are 6 available payment method and they are the following:
- Bank Over the Counter
- Bayad Center Outlets
- Online Bank
- BAyad Center Mobile App
- The amount of money you need to pay for your NBI renewal, as of this writing, is Php 130 with additional charge of Php 25 for using e-payment system.
- Hit “Proceed to Payment” and the next page will give you the reference number. Save the number because you need it when paying the cost of renewal.
- Pay the renewal fee using the payment method of your choice and go back to NBI online service website when you’re done.
- Click the “Transactions” button from the menu. If the payment already reflects on the website, hit the “Confirm Payment” button to get your application form printed.
Step 4: Appear personally and have your biometrics and photo captured.
- On the day of your appointment, make sure to dress appropriately. Prepare your old NBI Clearance and your two (2) valid ID. It is recommended to be there as early as you can.
- Once you are at the NBI Branch, ask the guard or NBI Clearance staffs for assistance. Ask where is the window for NBI renewal applicants.
- Have your photo captured and biometrics taken on the biometrics window..
Step 5: Get your renewed NBI Clearance.
Your NBI Clearance will be issued to you once you are done with the biometrics. You need to wait for few minutes until your NBI Clearance is printed. As long as you do not have hits, your transaction will be smooth.
NBI Clearance Quick Renewal Facts.
1. You don’t need to wait for your NBI Clearance to expire before you can renew.
For as long as you have a copy of your previous NBI clearance even if it is just about to expire, you can already renew it via NBI Clearance Online Services Website. There’s no need for you to wait for long. This information is according to one of NBI Clearance staffs.
2. Only NBI Clearance issued from 2014 onward are allowed to be quickly renewed via NBI online services website.
The ones who are qualified to renew their NBI Clearances via NBI Clearance Quick Renewal system are the clearances starting 2014 onward. Meaning, if your old NBI clearance was issued 2013 and below, you need to register online and apply from there.
The reason is that NBI started digitizing their system on 2014. If you made a transaction before, your previous information will be on their system already. Retrieving your information will be easy and renewing it will be a breeze.
3. There’s no need to send your recent photo to NBI for your online renewal.
For as long as your old NBI clearance issued 2014 onward, your previous photo will be retrieved in their database system.
4. You cannot reschedule your appointment.
If you already scheduled a appointment with your NBI clearance renewal, you cannot reschedule that entry. However, if you have not paid it yet you can simply ignore it and schedule another appointment instead.
If you have already paid for an appointment, you cannot change it. It is what it is. So make sure to plan and schedule your other appointments properly.
5. NBI Clearance is free for first time job-seekers.
This is a good news. On May 7, 2019, under Republic Act 11261 or the “First-Time Job Seekers Assistance Act”, all first time job applicants (whether local or abroad) can apply for government documents for free. This is beneficial for our fresh grad students seeking for jobs.
You can check this news for reference.
You might want to read:
- How to Get Philippine Postal ID (The fastest government ID you can apply for)
- Adulting 101 – Adulting Guide For Filipino Millennials
- How to Apply for Philippines Passport in DFA 2019
- How to Get Driver’s License in Philippines