Because of the long queuing lines during the application for NBI Clearance, the government provided an online processing for it. In this post, we’ll cover how to do NBI online application, the requirements, fess, procedure and all things needed. Let’s start!
NOTE: Effective this year 2017 onward, NBI Clearance Processing will strictly implement the “No Appointment No Entry Policy” for NBI clearance applicants. No appointment will be available on the same day of application. All NBI Clearance applicants are advised to register online and have their appointment date set in advance.
Years ago, National Bureau of Investitgation launched a website page for NBI Clearance online application. Today you can process your NBI Clearance anywhere you go for as long as there’s an internet connection.
If you have internet connection, you can apply through your computer and mobile devices by simply clicking and entering few information. In this post, you will be guided step-by-step on how you can get your NBI Clearance Online.
Getting NBI Clearance still comes with a fee and the cost varies for different purpose. At the end of this post, you’ll see how much fees you need to pay.
In following the steps in this procedure, you might want to open this page on your mobile phone and do the actual NBI application on your computer.
Table of content:
- Overview of NBI Clearance
- NBI Clearance Account Registration
- Filling out NBI Clearance Online Application Form
- Processing Your NBI Clearance
NBI clearance is a government certificate that is released to an individual upon request. This certificate ensures that you’re cleared and has not been involved in any criminal act. This is accepted as a valid ID in the Philippines and can also be use for other legitimate identification purposes.
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance is a way to tell if there have been criminal cases filed in the Philippine courts. Its scope isn’t just limited to particular locality, which is the coverage of the Police Clearance, but it covers the entire Philippines.
Similar to the police clearance, NBI Clearance has a validity period that expires after a year. Of course, the validity of the certificate will not last a lifetime for the reason that you might get involved in a criminal case. If you need to get one again, just do the procedure mentioned here.
NBI Clearance Account Registration
Before you can apply for your NBI Clearance online, you need to register an account on their website. You have to keep in mind that this process is not yet the actual application of your NBI Clearance. It’s about registering an account on their website.
Don’t panic. It’s easy as ABC. Just keep this page open and follow the procedures listed here.
1. First of all, you need to go to the NBI Clearance Application website page. For your convenience, you can simply click here: nbi-clearance
2. If it’s your first time applying for NBI clearance, you need to check the NO checkbox as shown below:
3. You just need to fill-out all the fields, then click the checkbox “I Accept Terms of Service” and hit the Sign Up button. You will see other confirmation buttons. Just agree to whatever will popup next.
Please remember the password you used in your account. You will be using it more than once so if you don’t want extra troubles, better save it for future use. If you forgot your password, you can always recover by simply clicking on the “Forgot Password?” link on the log-in form.
That’s it! Once you finished your account registration, you can now login using the email and password. On the upper right corner of the nbi online application website, type in the email and password you previously entered.
We can now proceed to the next process.
Fill out the NBI Clearance Online Application Form
1. Once you signed-in on your account, you will see under “Application” menu the form you need to fill out. You need to input all the required fields and it’s all up to you if you will leave the “optional” fields empty.
Double check everything then click “Save Information”
2. After filling out all the information needed, you will be redirected to a summary page similar on the image below. If you find that there’s something wrong with the information you entered, don’t worry, you can simply hit “Edit Information” to modify things before proceeding on “Apply For Clearance”
3. Apply For Clearance. Once you reviewed all the information you inputted, you can now hit Apply For Clearance.
You will be prompted to enter a 6 digit pin. Do it and please don’t forget to save it in your phone, in your email, or computer.
Next, you need to indicate what ID you will present on the day of your appointment.
If you’re not aware what identification card to bring, you can check this previous article about manual processing of NBI Clearance: NBI Clearance Philippines Requirements)
Just move to the requirements section and you will be able to see what IDs are acceptable.
Once you’ve picked what to bring, hit “I Agree” and you will be shown with an important message that tells something like this:
Your REGISTRATION CODE or REFERENCE NUMBER will be provided after you select your PAYMENT OPTION.
Your REFERENCE NUMBER shall be your GATE PASS when you enter NBI Clearance Centers.
To avoid inconvenience and long lines, please pay your NBI CLEARANCE FEE using your REFERENCE NUMBER at the selected PAYMENT OPTION.
You can simply close it and proceed.
Appointment Schedule and Payment
You will be prompted to schedule your appointment. Here’s a sample screenshot and a straight forward procedure you can follow:
1. You need to select the nearest NBI branch where you will be getting your NBI Clearance. You can either type or scroll until you see the NBI branch you’re looking for.
2. Next, you just need to click on the date that has an available slot. When you click on the date of your choice, it will be added on the right side of the panel.
3. Now select the purpose of your application. You will see how much you need to pay for your particular application. There’s an additional fee of P25 for using the e-payment system.
4. There are several payment options you can choose. Use whatever you’re comfortable with.
5. Once you’ve chosen a payment option, you will be guided on how to do the actual payment. On the “Transactions” menu, you will see the “Payment instruction”. Click on that and follow the instructions on the page that will open.
6. When your payment is verified, the status of your application will change from Pending to Paid.
7. The “Payment instruction” will be gone and a “Details” button will appear on the right side. Click on that button and print your application form. You need bring it with you on your appointment day.
Processing Your NBI Clearance on the appointment day
1. On your date of appointment, you need to personally go to the NBI office you entered in your application.
2. Make sure to bring the ID you mentioned in your application. Still, try to bring extra valid IDs in case they need something else.
3. Wear proper dress and make sure to look neat. Don’t bring any items that will not let you pass or give you trouble.
4. Don’t forget to bring your printed NBI clearance application form.
5. When you get to the NBI Office, do not waste time. Ask the guards, staffs, or the people there so you will be guided.
Ask them that you applied for an NBI clearance online and you need some assistance. If they cannot assist you personally, at least ask for directions.
Biometrics and Picture taking
1. Once you find the window for biometrics. You will be asked to take a picture and have your fingerprints scanned.
2. Next, you will have your NBI Clearance printed. You just need to wait a little bit to finally get your NBI clearance.
3. You’re done! Hooray!
Always remember that if you’re not certain about your actions, do not hesitate to ask the people there. ?
Ang taong mapagtanong, daig ang marunong.
You might also need these: