We always wanted to save some part of our money. But wouldn’t it be more beneficial if you’d be able to save money and at the same time you become more healthy? If you’re a peso conscious and health conscious type of person then this is perfect for you!
You should evaluate and make smart choices on how you spend money on your food. This way, you’ll be able to save money without compromising your health. If you’re into business which requires extra effort and extra energy, you need to take care of yourself to be able to do more.
Another thing, If you’ll take good care of your health, you’ll be less sick and therefore you are saving more money from the hospitalization, bills, medicines and more. Let’s start!
1. Remove junk foods from your diet. Soft drinks, processed foods, crackers, instant foods, and etc. You need to get rid these foods from your diet. These might only do more harm than good. Instant noodles contains a bunch of preservatives, additives, flavorings and other chemicals that can cause severe health issues.
2. Fasting. Fasting may have been associated with religious activities but now, it has been found to have very good effects in our body. It has been found out that fasting can do the following in your body:
- Put your body to rest mode
- Improves brain function
- Improves Immune system
- Overall body rejuvination
- Many more
Just make sure you don’t have any business activities that requires heavy physical work during your fasting period. Also, make sure to consult your doctor first to check whether you are fit for a fasting before doing so.
3. Eat and cook with your family and friends. Buying in bulk can surely help reduce the cost of things you purchase as compared to buying per-piece. If you’re living with your family or friends food cost can be much lower. Another thing is that, if you’ll be cooking on your own, you’ll be assured that what you are eating is safe from the the preservatives and other chemicals that you will get from fast food chains. You have the assurance that what you’re eating is straight from the market, which is typically fresh.
If you’re a student and living with your dorm-mates, this money saving tip is good for you
4. Buy seasonal foods. Fruits that are abundant in a particular season is usually cheap compared to when the fruit is out of season. You can assure that the food you are eating is much higher in nutritional value as it is fresh. Another good thing about the seasonal foods, specially fruits, is they support your nutritional needs for that particular season. One good example are the citrus fruits that occur during cold season to give you higher immunity from common infections such as colds and flu’s.
5. Cut out vices. Vices will simply do you no good. It will only hasten your stay here in this life. Here’s a list of common vices you should stay away from:
- Smoking / Vape
- Alcoholic Drinks
Anything in excess is a vice. If you love going to Starbucks everyday, better stop it or at least put it minimum.
Cutting out vices might give you extra budget for buying vitamins and supplements.
6. Grow your own food! First of all gardening has therapeutic benefits for our mental and physical health. Second, you’ll be able to have your own supply of foods for free. Imagine if you have tomatoes planted in your yard, every time you need tomatoes, you can just pick up then voila! you don’t need to buy outside. You already have pesticide-free tomatoes which is more safe to eat than those you can get from somewhere else.
7. Stay happy. One of the cheapest ways to stay healthy is to stay happy. Again, if you can manage to stay healthy, you’re keeping yourself away from the expenses involved in the hospitalization and medicines when you’re sick. Please allow me to quote a verse from the scripture:
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. – Proverbs 17:22 KJV
This has been written more than 2000 years ago and today, studies now are showing that indeed staying happy can make you live longer. It’s for free and won’t cost you anything. You just need to exercise your mind how to perceive things in positive views and take away all the negativity in your life.
So that’s my seven ways on how you can save money the healthy way! If you find this helpful, share it with your friends and loved ones! If you want to share or add something, let’s discuss it on the comments section below. Have a nice day! 😀
- A Man From Philippines Saved Coins For 8 Months To Buy New Motor Cycle
- Importance of Saving For Emergency Funds
- 21 Effective Ways to Save Money as a Student in Philippines