Just like you, a lot of people are asking me how to become successful with blogging. Instead of answering them one by one, I decided to write my blogging journey here so you guys can all benefit from this.
Blogging helped me live the life I wanted. I can now go wherever I want without thinking much where to get money for the next day.
I have more time for my loved ones and I’m able to do things that are more important than working in the office.
I’m able to work anywhere I want, whenever I want, and I have the control how fast I want my earnings to grow. I cannot achieve these things if I chose to stay in a typical corporate setting.
If you want a lifestyle like this, read carefully so you won’t miss any important details.
How I got started with Blogging
I started earning online through developing websites for local and international clients. I can say, my transition from typical office job to online job is one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.
Nope, you don’t need to be a developer like me to start earning with blogging. You can still have your day job and blog until you reach your target monthly income with blogging. I’ll tell you later how to do it right.
With my online job, I’m able to work with more flexibility and I have more time for my other outside activities.
However, when I realized that I still don’t have the full freedom that I wanted, I looked for more ways how to earn money with less maintenance and a monetization model that is very scalable.
To cut the long story short, I came across with blogging. I spent enormous amount of time researching if it is really possible for me to make good amount of money with it.
When I finally realized how much opportunity blogging has, I finally decided to go all-in. My mindset is that I will never give up until I get my first dollar with this blogging thing.
I don’t want to be like those who started and gave up along the way. I told myself that I will be successful in this even if takes couple of years.
Here are some of the things I realized with blogging:
- There are no wasted efforts with blogging.
- Your efforts for a single article can make you money for the rest of your life.
- You are your own boss.
- You can work anywhere whether offline or online.
- You are not tied with a specific working hours. You can work anytime you want and no matter how long you want.
- There are no toxic clients.
- It just takes time at first but everything will soon become profitable.
- You need to constantly learn and re-learn things.
- Your success depends on your exerted effort.
- Monetization strategy is very scalable.
- This industry is full of BS, you need to find one or two genuine people that will serve as your model.
I’ve read all the b#!!sh!ts from so called “gurus”. I’ve been confused with all the things people are talking about on the internet how to make money with blog, etc, and etc. In short, I’ve experienced everything.
After spending tons of hours reading, it is so clear to me that blogging is the ultimate way for me to achieve the life I wanted. It is possible.
I’m aware how much work I need to put in this but I know that is just the cost of achieving my dreams and goals in life.
Here’s what I did next ( Google Adsense Approval)
I started buying hosting accounts and domain names. I experimented with different topics, spent tons of hours researching, and writing a lot of articles. Guess what? Nothing happened. (**crickets sound**)
Not a single cent was earned with my first set of blogs.
But here’s the thing…
I did not see it as wasted effort. Although I’ve spent more than P20,000 with my first blogs, I’ve learned a lot of things along the way.
Here are some of the things I learned with my first blogs:
- How it feels to execute the entire process.
- Learned how to spend for education.
- Learned things about writing and other technical stuffs needed.
- This craft really takes time, dedication, and effort.
- What separates successful bloggers from other is correct consistent actions.
You don’t want to waste P20k just to learn these right? Just plant these things in your mind and be ready. You can have your success with minimal trials. You just need the right information and proper guidance.
My initial goal is to become eligible with Google’s Adsense program. I decided to use Adsense as my primary monetization strategy because it is simply run by google.
There’s an added layer of security that my money will not simply fade away unlike if I were to apply for some random fly-by-night affiliate programs.
Google Adsense is super strict with their program. So I set a one year timeline for myself just to get Google Adsense’s approval.
One year may sound long for other people but I see things as a learning process. This is a way for me to teach myself to look at my business with long term perspective. This skill is a must have for success especially in blogging.
Most of the people are very impatient. They want things to happen in an instant. This is also why most people don’t succeed not just in blogging but in many other businesses as well.
Now the boring stuff – Grow my Blogs and Create Passive Income.
Everything is hard before it is easy. It took me almost a year of nothingness before I realize that I am actually doing the right things. It’s just that I’m doing it super slow.
Wanna know what I did?
I took consistent action. Basically, what I did to my blogs is not really something new. All the resources you need to actually get started are already there.
To give you a summary of my whole process, I listed here the things you need to execute in order to grow your blog and earn your first dollar. You can search about these things on the internet and get a ton of free resources out there.
1. Niche Selection. Basically, you want a blog that talks about a niche that is within your circle of interests. Researching for keywords with high search volume must be taken into consideration.
2. Content Strategy. After choosing a niche, you can now strategize your content so you can position it to win long term. You might want to prepare a list of topics to write about and plan how you can grow your blog into multiple categories.
3. Content Creation. Learn how to optimize your articles for search engines. Learn how you can present your content to your target readers. Reverse engineer what your audience wants, give them what they love, and trust me, search engines will give the love back.
4. Setup Your Blog. Logo, Color theme, tagline, social media accounts, and etc., you need to setup these things for your blog. Don’t worry, setting up a blog is super easy now.
5. Networking. No matter how valuable your articles are, if no one is reading it, it’s useless and nonsense. You need to continuously outreach and promote your blogs to other blog owners. You can also do guest postings and social media mentions to make your stuff be known to other people.
I previously wrote a guides where I dig a little deeper than what is written here. You might want check these articles out:
- How To Quit Your Job and Become a Full Time Blogger
- 4 Important Things You Need To Ask Before Starting Profitable Blog
If somebody is telling you that there’s a secret recipe in creating passive income with blogs and Adsense, those are fake gurus selling their products. Everything is about consistent hard work in blogging.
If you’re thinking of earning after a month or two, you’re in a wrong mindset. Aim for 1 or 2 years if you’re really clueless about blogging. Some can make blogs that earns $2,000 after 6 or 8 months with their blogs. Some, even more!
This industry is very lucrative if things are done right. Don’t find shortcuts because big part of blogging is the waiting game. Yes, you need to prove your blog first in the sight of search engines if your blog indeed gives value to your readers.
Once you start seeing results with your blog, just keep on going. Once you gain the momentum, there’s no other way but to go up. Here’s one of my blogs’ sample daily earnings in a span of a year.
Can you see where the trend is going? Basically, if done things right, you can reach Php 30,000 per month in less than a year!
Actually, there are experienced bloggers who can make more than $5000 per month in just about 10 months. Very lucrative isn’t it? Hayahay.
Again, the key is consistency and long term perspective. Don’t aim for shortcuts as it will only get you nowhere.
I guess that’s all for this post for now. I hope you learn something from this and my recommendation is to give blogging a try! It’s actually fun! You’ll learn a lot of stuff along the way.
If you want more about this blogging thing, you might want to read: