How well do you know about goals? Are you working your way to your ideal life? Do you know the reasons why most new year’s resolutions don’t work? In this article, we will tackle one of the most important thing to do in order to achieve success. You will discover how you can multiply your rate of success by ten folds in achieving your goals.
Difference between Goals and Wishes
People often use the words Goal and Wish interchangeably. Only few people spend their time in observing the subtle difference between the two. There is beauty in subtlety and only few can notice and take advantage of it.
Anybody can Wish for about almost anything in life. You wish to win the lottery? wish that you can fly someday? change the world? peace on earth? Well, you can wish for wildest things you can ever imagine. A wish is not bounded by logic and is usually cannot be attain in any circumstances. Most of the time, it’s just a mere form of self amusement and entertainment.
On the other hand, Goals are the things that can be achieved. These are the things to which you can submit and commit yourself to take actions.
Goals are not just flight of fancy for self amusement..
Goals can be the direction and the key to your future..
Crystallizing Goals on Paper
A study where researchers gather large number of people who made their New Year’s resolutions. They divided the people into two: Those who have written down their resolutions AND those who did not write down.
Here’s what happen after twelve months..
The researchers followed up the respondents and they have found out an astonishing data! Those who have not written down their resolutions, only 4 percent of them actually followed through their resolution. On the other hand, those who have written their resolution, 44 percent had follow through on their resolutions.
The results showed a difference of around 1100 percent in success and everything was achieved by just simply writing goals on a piece of paper.
Write For Your Subconscious Mind
Writing your goals pushes you to concentrate and think about the more important things to you and your future. As an effect, when you write down your goals, you are marking it in your subconscious mind. Your subconscious can help you bring your goal to reality.
You just need to practice and discipline yourself to always write out your goals, devise plans how to accomplish them, and continuously working those goals daily increase the chances of success by ten folds or 1000 percent.
Don’t get me wrong here, writing goals cannot guarantee success. However, it increases the rate of success by ten folds. This is very powerful yet a cheap way to get you where you want to be.
Increase Chances of Success 10x – 7 Step Method
Here’s a seven step method you can follow to multiply your chances of success by 10 folds.
1. Decide and Write what you exactly want. Goals are like addresses. If you’re going somewhere and you don’t have the exact address, chances for you to get lost along the way is bigger BUT if you have the exact address of a house, for example, it will be much easier for you to see where you currently at versus where you want to be.
Similarly, if you want to achieve your goals, you need to Decide and Write what you exactly want. You may write how it feels like, how it looks like, how much earnings do you want, who are the people with you, and the things you have in that situation. If you want a PHP100,000 monthly income, write it down! If you’re goal is to earn money while being with your family, write it down! The key thing here is to be specific of what you really want.
Simply writing all the goals you have in mind in a piece of paper, you are starting to put your thoughts into reality. This maybe simple if you think of it in a glance but there is magic behind it.
2. Set a Deadline for your goal. Deadlines are important as it serves as the force that pushes you to work and meet the scheduled deadline. You need to pick a reasonable time frame in achieving your goal. If your goal is too big, divide it into chunks of smaller goals with their corresponding deadlines.
Having this, you’ll be able to monitor where you are right now and where you want to be in the future.
There’s no unrealistic goals else, that’s just a wish right? However there are unrealistic deadlines. Now you might be asking “what if I don’t achieve my goals on the deadline?” Simple. You just set another deadline. A deadline is just a rough estimate of when things can be done. You can call it guesstimate. LOL.
So you’ll be hitting your goals sometimes at–the-deadline, sometimes before-the-deadline, and sometimes after-the-deadline. Make sure when you are setting your goal, you should consider the external circumstances. These circumstances may aid or hinder you to get your goals. The thing is that these circumstances may change and you should be ready to change your deadlines as well.
3. List down all the things you could possibly do to achieve your goal. This will help you to break down all the possible tasks you need to do in order to get your goals. Here are things you need to consider in making the list:
- List of obstacles and difficulties you need to overcome
- List of knowledge and skills you need to learn
- List of people who can cooperate, support, and help you to achieve your goal
- List of things of tasks you need to execute
Everything we are doing here is a part of planning. Through writing everything, you’ll be able to see the big picture of all the things related to your goal.
4. Organize and Prioritize. Once you’re done writing all the necessary things to consider, we need to organize the sequence of the things we need to do first, second, third, and so on. You should consider what to prioritize first. You need to develop your ability to create a solid plan and strategy. So that you will not be surprised when things go wrong along the way to your success journey..
5. Execute Consistently. After all the plannings you’ve done, the path is clearer now. You know where to go and what you need. The next step is to take consistent action. Discipline yourself to always go to the direction of your goal. Learn to say no to other things that will only branch out other tasks that are not inline with your plans.
Build momentum everyday and you will find it more easy to take even more steps towards your success. Everything will become easier and more automatic. Taking consistent action will develop the habit you need and the discipline towards to your success.