I really do not recommend hosting your money-making WordPress websites with free hosting plans but if you just want to try things out, here’s one of the best hosting companies that offers free hosting services.
You can immediately go to Hostinger’s site and signup for a free hosting account. I’ll walk you through the process of setting up your site similar to what I previously shared with you on how to create a WordPress site with Bluehost.
Here’s a quick navigation for your convenience:
- Register for a Hostinger account
- Setup a free Hosting Account using free Domain
- Setup a WordPress Site using 1-Click Auto-installer
1. Register for a Hostinger account
First of all, go to Hostinger’s site. You can click Here to easily get there. You will see their landing page for the free web hosting.
Just hit “Get started” and you will be redirected to a page where you will be prompted to choose which hosting plan to use.
Hit “Order” under the FREE Plan. For Hostinger’s free plan, you will get the following specs and features:
- 2000 MB Disk Space
- 100 GB Bandwidth
- Free Subdomain
- 2 MySQL Databases
- 2 E-mails Accounts
- Website Builder
- Script Autoinstaller
- Less Stable Servers
- Low Priority Support
- No Data Backups
You can see above that it’s totally free. You don’t have to pay anything. Hit “CHECKOUT NOW” and proceed.
I assume that you don’t have any account with Hostinger yet. Just select the button that says “Create new account”.
Just fill-out the form and hit “Create new account”. On the next page, you just need to agree with the terms and condition and complete the order.
You will receive a confirmation email. Just go to your email account and follow the confirmation link.
That’s it! You now have a registered account with Hostinger. Next, well be focusing on how you can setup a free hosting service from hostinger.
Are you now excited to show your very first website with your friends? Exciting isn’t it? Let’s continue!
2. Setup a free Hosting Account using free Domain
After your account registration, you will be redirected to your control panel. Hostinger’s admin panel will look like this.
Here’s the thing..
You can buy your domain name right away for around $9 and setup a WordPress site using free hosting.
You can also setup your website using a sub-domain where you will utilize an existing root domain Hostinger will provide. Everything is free and there’s no need to pay anything.
For this guide, I will assume you just want to start a free website. We will create a free WordPress website under a sub-domain. (example: www.mywebsitename.hostinger-givendomain.com)
On you control panel, hover to Hosting menu and hit +New account. When the page loads, order a Free plan.
Just Check Out and Complete the order. You don’t need to pay anything at all. 100% Risk Free.
Next thing you need to do is to setup your hosting account. Click Setup and wait for a bit. You will be prompted to choose and enter few details about your account.
You need to configure the following:
- Product – Free
- Domain Type – You haven’t bought any domain for now so choose Free Subdomain
- Subdomain Name – Select which available domain you want to use. Next, type the subdomain name you want for your website. You can put your name or your brand’s name there if you want.
- Choose a Server Region – You don’t have any option for this because it is free.
- Password – Create a password for your hosting account. (The password is not for your WordPress site but your hosting account)
Once done, you can proceed by clicking +Setup and wait a bit. You will receive a service activation email for your free hosting. In that email you will see something like this.
Just hit the call to action button and you will be redirected to your free hosting account.
You can actually click on your website’s link and you will see something that looks like this.
Your website is now up and running. However, it has nothing in it but only the default.php file.
Now that you’re done setting up your hosting account, it’s time to install your WordPress site.
3. Setup a WordPress Site using 1-Click Auto-installer
On your hosting activation email, follow the “Go to member area” and we will continue setting up your WordPress blog.
Expand the options for your hosting account and you will see the Auto Installer.
Click on the Auto Installer and locate the WordPress installation button.
Before installing WordPress you need to input the following details for your blog:
- Do not touch the Url. The default is the BEST.
- Language: English
- Username: Create your blog’s username. Tip: Don’t use “admin“
- Password: Create a password for your blog.
- Admin Email: This is where you will be notified about your site.
- Website Title: The title of your website. Typically same with your subdomain name.
- Website Tagline: Create an ear-catching tagline. This is optional.
When you’re done, hit Install.
You just need to wait for about a minute or two then go back to your website’s URL.
When I type in the url “http://myfreelanceportfolio.16mb.com”, voila!
Here’s a fresh WordPress website in less than an hour! It’s that simple! Easy as A-B-C.
To start playing around the admin area of your new website, you can add “/wp-admin” on your site’s url. In this example’s case, I’ll type in “myfreelanceportfolio.16mb.com/wp-admin” and I will be able to log-in to my WordPress site’s dashboard.
You can now play discover the dashboard area of your free hosted WordPress blog. I suggest you to create your first 3 post after creating your blog and let your friends know about your new awesome website!
I hope this post may help you in your blogging journey. This can be your little step towards your ultimate goal of earning passive income online. Who knows, right?
If you think this is beneficial to you, please share it with your friends. I’ve spent several hours of putting this altogether for newbies’ benefit.
You might want to read:
- Building Passive Income – The Right Perspective
- Start Earning Money Through Blogging [Philippines Edition]
- Work from Home and Make Money Online in Philippines (Legit Ways!)
- What is Affiliate Marketing and How it Works
- Why Start a Blog? 13 Reasons You Need To Make a Blog Now
- How to Start Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
- Reasons Why You Should Choose WordPress in Starting a Blog