So you have an offline business and want to increase your sales? You realize selling your products online can help boost your earnings but don’t know how and where to start? In this post, I’ll help you find out ways how to sell products online and how to sell them fast.
If you want your business to be left behind, then don’t read this.
To give you an idea, we got a family business where we previously run it 100% offline. Here’s the thing.. The moment we learned that we can make an online business out of it, we immediately apply it on our business.
After implementing things we’ve learned, a lot of orders are continuously coming in. Although the business is really not that “Bigtime”, if you know what I mean, but the thing is it actually multiplied our sales 2-5 times. Who would not want that?
I know you’re excited about this so here’s a list of ways on how to sell your products or services online in the Philippines.
Ways to Sell Products in the Philippines:
1. Use Social Media
With today’s trend, almost every people now that has access to the internet are using social media and with that said, there’s no doubt that social media can be a really big fishpond for us online marketers & sellers. Using the social media, one can harness the similar power of the television.
Imagine having a free advertisement on a Facebook page compared to spending on television ads that costs hundred thousands of pesos. This is a huge savings. Simply having a Facebook page with hundreds of thousands of regular followers, this can really make a difference especially for a business.
If you really want to sell online, then social media is a place to start. I’ll show you how and why it works.
You might be interested: Legit ways to earn online in philippines
Why sell on social media networks?
In a traditional offline way of doing business, you want to position your business in a location where there is traffic of people passing by in whom you will be selling your products. What you want is a strategic place where there is a demand for whatever service or product you are offering.
Let’s move on to the social media. Philippines is known around the world to have active social media users. Based on studies, Philippines is one of the top internet users in its neighboring Asian countries. With this statistics, you are on the right track if you are planning to place your business, do your marketing and selling online especially in the Philippines.
There are a lot of social media platforms available on the internet but as of now Facebook still is the major place where people hangout. In this article, we will be focusing selling online on Facebook as it is where most people spend their time whenever they’re connected on the internet.
Why Facebook is a great place for selling? The answer is Targeting. Facebook has been enhancing their methods of targeting people’s interests so that marketers like us can sell our products with higher sales rate.
Facebook has a means of monitoring the user’s activity, their browsing information, their spending information, what page the users like, what groups they are in, and many more. As time goes by, Facebook has developed ways for us marketers reach our target customers easily.
Tips on how to reach your customers
There are several ways on how you can reach your customers in Facebook. I’ve listed below the major strategies you can use for your Facebook marketing:
1. Your Personal Timeline. If you want your friends to shun away from you, this is the perfect method. If you want your friends to stay then don’t do this. LOL. Kidding aside, if you want to sell something try to start on your own timeline.
Your circle of friends are the ones who trust you the most. If they happen to see you selling something on your timeline, they got higher chances of buying from you. The only problem though is when they get sick of your posts where they decided to unfollow you or worst unfriend you because of your spamming in their news feed.
2. Join Groups and Pages. This method has been flooded by social media marketers where they create facebook accounts and join different groups with same interest as their business. The old fashioned way of facebok marketing is to spam the group page with your offers, products, business opportunities and what not. If you will try this now the way people do this before, you won’t get much out of it.
Here’s the thing, there are other facebook groups that don’t tolerate spamming and they keep ethical way of doing things. Find those facebook groups with high engagements and activities then try to make a reputation on that group. Share valuable information and do other things that will benefit the group. One you’ve earned people’s trust there, sometimes you don’t need to pitch anymore as they are the ones will be asking regarding your offers.
3. Create Facebook Fan Page or Group. With online selling, you need to create a community. As an online marketer, trust issue is one of the major problems you need to resolve. You need first to establish your brand, credibility, and consistency in helping others.
Facebook fan pages and groups are ways to create a community of like minded people. This is your niche so you better treat people here nicely to create good relationship. As the saying goes, do to others what you want others do to you. This has been proven in the marketing industry and a lot of marketers are applying it now in their strategies.
4. Use Facebook Ads. Finally, here is where the magic happens. This feature of Facebook lets you laser target your customers so you can sell your products online on a faster rate.
- First go to https://facebook.com/manage
- Click create ad (green button)
- You’ll be able to do different campaigns for your ads. I won’t be covering the whole process here as it is a huge topic to tackle. I’ll be making another post for that but the thing is you now know where you can do your marketing experiments. I know it’s exciting but keep on reading for now.
2. Register as a Seller in Philippines’ top E-Commerce sites
I’ve seen a lot of people who are getting a lot of sales after they posted their first products on the top e-commerce sites in the Philippines. Here’s how it works.
First, you need to register or sign up for a particular e-commerce site and give all the requirements they need. Usually, they will be needing these information:
- Personal Identification
- Email Address
- Your business permit (BIR registration)
- Your warehouse address (or any address where they can send their courier and fetch the product)
- Your Products (Images, Details, Price, Stocks, Etc.)
Then you’ll agree with their provided terms then that’s it, you’re now ready to post your products on their e-commerce site and just wait for orders to come. Most of the e-commerce sites have their back office or dashboard where you can edit your products. They also have their representatives to help you out on how to do things in their site’s back office.
Why sell on e-commerce sites?
We all know that for us to make sales, we need to promote our products and work out its presence. If you don’t want to do all the marketing campaigns for your product, then this one might appeal to you. Learn how to sell your products through the top local e-commerce sites.
To simplify things, I’ve listed the pros and cons selling your products online:
- Huge Customer Base. Again, with top e-commerce sites, you’ll be able to harness their marketing capability. Since they are already known to people, this will be a big advantage to you as large number of people will be seeing your products. You don’t need to spend big money on advertisements.
- Trust & Credibility. Since they are established online shops, you don’t need to explain yourself that you’re not a scammer.
- Support, Tax Collection, Shipping, and their Platform. First their platform, if you are going to build a similar e-commerce site, you’ll be spending huge amount of money to get your site up and running. By signing up for their services, you’ll be able to harness the similar capabilities of the e-commerce site the only thing is that the site is not yours.
With regards to support, tax collection, and shipping, these stuffs are mostly handled by the company. Most of the time, the only thing you need to take care of is the availability of your items. So easy right?
- Referrals. If your products are really good, it will be like a viral video on youtube where people who have used your products are sharing it on the social networking sites. Again, only if your products are really good.
- Fees. Of course you are using their services and in exchange, these e-commerce sites will be having a percentage of the total selling price. Though this might seem a problem for the merchants, it is actually easy to just reverse calculate the price so you will still be getting the amount you want to earn, less the tax, less the fees.
- No control over your brand. Buyers might think that the product they bought is “e-commerce’s product” and not your product.
- Customer loyalty. The customer will be loyal to the e-commerce site and not the end vendor. The trust will be given to the e-commerce site and not to you.
Philippine’s top e-commerce sites
Here’s a list of top e-commerce sites in the philippines just check if you can sign up as a merchant on their platform.
You can also use Buy and Sell Sites such as:
3. Create Your Own Website
Creating your own website from design to development to SEO and marketing stuffs is really time consuming. This may not be a good choice for those who are just new in the e-commerce industry but it is worth the cost of creating a website for your business.
I don’t want to retype all the things that I’ve previously covered on my other post so better read that.
The topic here is how to sell your products in the Philippines. That is very much achievable however, before you can achieve that scenario of selling fast online through a website, it will actually take some time. You need to build your brand, your presence, do SEO, marketing stuffs and all that jazz. All of these things can take up to couple of weeks, months, or even more than a year depending on your capacity (knowledge, budget, manpower, etc).
How we implemented it in our family business.
In our family business, we used #2 as a start. We registered in Sulit.com.ph and do the advertising there. It is the most popular buy and sell website known in the Philippines around 2009. Next is we did the social media approach where we simply made a Facebook page for the business.
The facebook page has gained significant numbers of customers from the previous years and up to now it’s generating a lot of customers daily. I even tried creating a bunch of business pagse for every product we sell and those pages are surprisingly generating significant number of regular customers as well.
We’ve applied and still applying the strategies we learned and now we are actually planning to expand our business next year. Now that I have shared these things to you, you can now workout your own success with your business! If you got questions or something to share, comment it down below. I’ll try to reply as soon as I can.
You might be interested: