I’d like to share a story when I was still working in a company, how I earned around four thousand pesos in just a week with no sweat. Take note that I did this on the side and really did not take much of my time.
Yeah 4k pesos is not that big if your’re already a big business owner but for most of the employees here in the philippines, four thousand pesos in just a week is really a big help.
Hopefully, by the end of this article, you’ll be able to get some ideas that you can apply not just in selling perfumes but also in other business of similar products.
So here we go.
How I earn P4,000.00 on the side selling perfumes
Just like most of other people starting business, I’m not really into the idea of talking with other people in the context of selling. Way back then, it really feels awkward persuading people to buy from you. I’m an introvert, and I still am. However, I really had bunch of ideas in doing business and I’m thinking of ways how an introvert can still do traditional business but less the social interaction. (LOL)
My sister had her perfume business and I’m sharing my ideas to her. Hopefully, we’ll be able to expand her business more and take it to the next level.
Going back to how I earn..
So what I did is observe around the company and look for the right person who can do the business for me. I noticed a jolly employee, an employee everybody knows. I talked to her and here’s what I did..
- I gave her a set of perfume tester vials with labels just like these. The scents were around 20 variants and I made sure I included the top seller scents.
- I gave her sample bottles such as these.
- I gave her the Price List.
- Next thing I did is I gave her a ballpen and piece of bond paper (you can use notebook if you want)
- Here’s our deal.. I will give her commission if she’ll be able to talk with people during break time and let them test the perfumes. I said that if people want to order, just ask them to write the name, scent, and bottle they prefer and that’s it.
- Guess what happened next? On the same day, I got more than 20 names on the list and I really did not expect it to be that much. Most of the people ordered the 110ml bottle (which is not on the image above). The bottle they ordered is the one that looks classy and one of the most expensive bottle.
- So I ordered it to my sister (she own the business) and let her prepare the prefume until Friday (which is a payday that time :D)
That’s it! I gave the perfume before the shift starts, and on during break time, and after the shift.
I just realized that if I’d be able to execute the same strategy on other companies as well, my sideline will be bigtime! There are bunch of companies residing inside Technopark and Science Park here in Laguna, Philippines. If you happen to live near my place AND happen to read this article, well my friend, you have such a big opportunity. We can supply you the perfume making materials or you can simply resell the premixed perfume.
Here are other stuffs I did..
Of course the people asked me where do I get my perfume, do I have these and that and etc. Here’s what I just say.
- Where do you get your perfume? My sister has a perfume making business. She supply perfume making materials to other businesses. That’s how I get my perfume.
- Is it the same with other perfumes on kiosks on the malls? Most likely they have similarities but if you buy from those kiosk, you’ll be paying not just the perfume but the overhead costs as well (kiosk rent, brand, and etc.). If you buy from me, you’re buying straight from the manufacturer. No overhead costs included. Just the bottle, the perfume itself and the packaging (Perfume’s box).
- Is it the same with other perfumes on kiosks on the malls? (Part 2) We supply other businesses that sells perfume. They make their own brand, they put their own logo, stickers, custom designed packaging, and etc. and they get their raw materials from us
- Can you make me custom scent? We have a list of scent where you can choose. What we can customize for you is the concentration of the scent, the higher the concentration, the more expensive your perfume will be.