If you are looking for a BPI Savings account without any maintaining balance, this is best for you! In this post, we will discuss the account requirements and the process of opening a Kaya Savings Account. This savings account is perfect for students!
To share a little experience, back when I resigned from my first job, I took all my money in the bank. Years after, when I’m about to do transactions again, tada! I just noticed that my account got deactivated haha (huhu). With this heaven-sent ATM card, it will not happen again, ever!
I talked to one of BPIs staff and they told me that BPI Kaya savings is the Easy Savers account only in different name.
This is one of the best offers BPI can give! Imagine opening an account for as low as PHP 200, how great is that! Guess what?! You can use this even with zero pesos in your balance! You don’t need to worry in getting your account closed.
BPI Kaya Savings Features:
- Account opening for as low as Php 200.
- NO maintaining balance.
- For a minimal fee, withdrawal transactions are made convenient.
- P1000 required daily balance to earn 0.25% Interest per anum.
- Php 5* per withdrawal in any BPI Express Teller ATMs.
- Prevailing Debit Card fees apply.
- Php 100 for withdrawals done over-the-counter
- other customer-initiated debits (EPS, and/or 24/7 banking channels)
BPI Kaya Savings Account Requirements
Here are the necessary things you need to prepare before you apply to any nearest BPI office. You need to prepare and bring the account opening requirements with you.
1. 2 Valid IDs. You need to prepare 2 valid IDs for your application. Here’s a series of acceptable valid IDs: Driver’s License, UMID card, Philhealth, OFW ID, Senior Citizen Card, Passport, PRC, Postal ID, Voter’s ID, and etc.
Your IDs should be:
- The original copy
- Photo-bearing (di mukhang kriminal bes LOL jk)
- It should be unexpired
- Issued by an Official Authority
2. 1 Utility Bill. This will be used for billing address verification. You can use your Electricity Bill, Internet Bill, Credit Card Bill, Water Bill, Monthly Phone Bill, and etc. (wag lang yung bilbil mo, bes :D)
Even if the utility bill is named after your parents or siblings, you can use it as long as you’re residing on the same address.
3. 2 Latest Copies of 2×2 Photo. You may also want to bring 1×1 version of your photo just in case.
4. Initial deposit amount. For this type of savings account, you need a minimum of P200 as starting balance. It’s also fine if you want to deposit 5k or more for your initial balance. P200 is just the minimum.
5. If you already have a TIN (Tax Identification number), save it in your phone for filling out the form.
How to open BPI Kaya Savings Account?
Here are the step-by-step procedures in opening a BPI Easy Saver:
1. Go to the nearest BPI Branch. It is recommended to apply for an account near to where you live. Ask the guard or bank teller to give you a BPI Kaya Savings Account application form and present all the requirements you prepared.
2. Fill out the and double Check. Always make sure to check everything before giving it back to the staff. Submit when you’re done filling out the application form.
Typically, you will be assisted during your application process. Do not hesitate to ask if there are things not cleared or there are things of your concerned.
3. Further processing. Your documents will be checked by the bank teller and will process your BPI Kaya Savings account application. The staff will ask you for the P200 initial deposit and once approved, you will be given your Kaya Savings Card.
Most of the BPI branches today, specially the big ones, can process your application in less than two hours. I did my most recent application for only around an hour and I’m very happy that it’s super fast now.
4. Activate your BPI Kaya Savings Account. After getting your card, you need to activate and change your PIN (personal identification number) through the ATM machine.
Remember that you can ask for assistance or you can do the activation by yourself. It is suggested to activate your card right after you acquire it.
5. BPI Online Banking. Once you activated your account, you can also ask the staff to help you enroll your account online. Enabling your account for online banking makes it easier for you to transact money through BPI’s Mobile App or though the BPI express online website.
If you want to learn how to do it, you can read BPI Online Banking – Activate Your Savings Account.
You might want to read:
- Importance of Saving For Emergency Funds
- How to Open BPI Savings Account (Requirements Quick Guide)
- Best Savings Account in the Philippines – Compare & Enroll
- How to Open BDO Savings Account [Easy Guide]
- PayPal Bank Codes in Philippines 2018 (Withdraw Money From PayPal Account)
- How to Invest Mutual Funds in the Philippines [Learn and Earn]