After opening a Metrobank Savings Account, one of the must-have services to acquire is the Metrobank Direct online banking. There are a lot of perks having your account enrolled in online banking. In this post, we’ll discuss the process on how you can activate your account’s online banking feature.
How to enroll your account in Metrobank Online Banking:
1. Go to the official website of Metrobank Philippines. (www.metrobank.com.ph) On the header, locate the login button on the upper-right corner of their website.
Click on Sign up now!
2. You’ll be prompted to select between ATM Card and Credit Card. In this case, we’ll choose ATM Card
3. You need to fill out all the form fields. Make sure that your inputted information are all accurate.
ATM Card Number – Take note that there’s only 16 digit in the card. However, the form will require you to input 19 digit ATM Card number. It is advised to add three zeros at the end of your card number.
4. Once you’re finished with the form, just follow the proceeding instructions. You will receive a one-time-password that you need to use for activating and logging into your account for the first time.
5. Wait until you received an email that contains the link for activation of your account. Just simply follow the link, follow the next instructions and you’re done! That’s it! very simple.
Online Banking Benefits
Metrobank Direct online banking has a lot of benefits as compared to going to the actual BPI branches physically and do the transactions there.
- Convenience – As long as you have any device connected to the internet internet and there’s no on-going maintenance, you can conveniently do transactions anywhere and anytime you want.
- Services – Banks with websites can give you added functionalities you can use. These are things like financial tools, budgeting, forecasting tools, records, calculators and etc. Oftentimes, they offer free online billing, online tax forms, and tax.
- Mobility – Banks now are creating their own apps to extend their services on your phones and tablets.
- Ease of use – Your physical presence is not required in online banking. Paperless transaction is very environment-friendly because it reduces carbon footprint. The need for physical office and equipment is now eliminated and therefore, lower operating cost.
Metrobank Online Banking Frequenly Asked Questions:
Question 1: What if I haven’t received any email after I enrolled my account?
Answer: Check your spam folder, social media, and promotional tabs. If you still did not see anything there, you can call their customer service at (02) 870 0700
Question 2: I’m getting an error regarding the 19 digit ATM Card. My card only has 16 digits in it. What should I do?
Answer: Add three zeros at the end of your 16 digit Metrobank ATM Card number.
Question 3: How long do I need to wait to get the OTP (one-time-password)
Answer: It only takes couple of minutes to get your 4 digit OTP. FYI, the validity of OTP will last for 20 minutes only.
Question 4: . Is it possible to link Metrobank to Paypal Account?
Question 5: . Do I need to be present to create a Metrobank savings account?
Answer: Yes, you need to be physically present.
Question 6: What if your activation link sent to your email is expired?
Answer: You can request a new activation link by contacting Metrobank customer service through:
- 24/7 Customer Hotline: (632) 8700-700
- Domestic Toll-free No.: 1-800-1888-5775
- Email address: [email protected]
For more questions, you can call Metrobank customer service at (02) 870 0700. It’s always faster to fix things with their customer service representatives.
You might want to read: