If you want to learn the step-by-step process on how you can sign up and apply for NBI Clearance Online, you are in the right place beshie! Here’s an updated NBI Clearance Application Guide that will help you acquire your NBI clearance in no time. All you gotta do is read and follow and there you have it!
Don’t worry! The requirements, fees, and all other things you need to know to process your NBI Clearance Online are all here. So stay there, sit back, and follow through!
You need to understand: Effective this year 2018 onwards, NBI Clearance Processing will strictly implement the “No Appointment No Entry Policy” for NBI clearance applicants. No appointment will be available on the same day of application. All NBI Clearance applicants are advised to register online and have their appointment date set in advance.
This may be an additional effort for us applicants, but this is actually a good move from National Bureau of Investigation. The NBI application process now is more streamlined and more efficient as compared to the previous crazy, long, and tiring queuing lines. (kaway kaway sa mga nakaranas! matanda ka na beh! LOL)
Here’s how process has been and how it is now:
Applying for NBI Clearance Online is plain and simple. Just open your browsers then carefully read and follow every single instruction written in this guide and voila!
Suggestion: You can open this guide on your mobile phone and do the actual NBI application on your computer. You can also use two windows of browser if you want. 🙂
NBI Online Application and Renewal Process in 2018
(Just click on any link to jump on a particular section in this guide)
Step 1 – NBI Online Registration (Signing Up an Account)
To apply for an NBI Clearance online, you need to register an account using NBI’s website. Dont worry, it’s free and there’s nothing you need to pay. This step is only about creating an account and entering all the necessary information needed to process your NBI Clearance.
No need to panic. This is easy as A-B-C. Just keep this page open and carefully follow the procedures written here.
1. Go to NBI Website. First of all, you need to go to the NBI Clearance Application website page. For your convenience, you can simply click here: nbi-clearance
You’ll enter a website that looks like this:
Focus on the right side of the website and accomplish the form.
2. First Time or Renewal. Choose between “Yes” or “No” depending whether you currently have an Old NBI Clearance with you or not.
If it’s your first time applying for an NBI clearance, you need to check the NO checkbox as shown below.
If you have an old NBI Clearance, proceed with the following NBI renewal form:
3. Check and Proceed. Double check all the information you entered and click “I ACCEPT TERMS OF SERVICE” checkbox. Next is to hit the “SIGN UP” button to continue your NBI Online Registration.
Note: Please remember the password you used in your account. You will be using it more than once so if you don’t want extra troubles, better save it for future use.
If you forgot your password, you can always recover by simply clicking on the “Forgot Password?” link on the log-in form.
That’s it! Once you finished your account registration, you can now login using your email and password. On the upper right corner of the nbi online application website, type in the email and password you previously entered.
You can now proceed to the next process.
Step 2 – Filling Out NBI Clearance Online Application Form
1. Fill out the Application form. You need patience in this part because you will be asked to fill out the application form.
Just enter all the information needed and make sure to double check the accuracy of every information. (Relax ka lang beh mamaya tapos mo na din yan)
Once you’re done, simply hit the “SAVE INFORMATION” button.
NOTE: If you find something wrong with the information you entered, don’t panic. You can simply hit “Edit Information” to edit information and make changes.
After filling out all the information needed, you will be redirected to a summary page similar to the image above.
2. Apply For Clearance. Once you reviewed all the information you entered, you can now hit “APPLY FOR CLEARANCE”.
Next, you need to indicate what ID you will present on your appointment date.
If you’re not aware what identification card to bring, here’s a list of valid IDs for your NBI Clearance Online application:
- Voter’s ID
- SSS ID
- PRC License
- Postal ID
- Driver’s License
- GSIS UMID
- School ID
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) ID
- NSO Authenticated Birth Certificate
- Senior Citizen Card
Just move to the requirements section of that page and you will be able to see what IDs are acceptable.
Once you’ve picked what to bring, hit “I Agree” and you will be shown with an important message that tells something like this:
Your REGISTRATION CODE or REFERENCE NUMBER will be provided after you select your PAYMENT OPTION.
Your REFERENCE NUMBER shall be your GATE PASS when you enter NBI Clearance Centers.
To avoid inconvenience and long lines, please pay your NBI CLEARANCE FEE using your REFERENCE NUMBER at the selected PAYMENT OPTION.
Keep these in mind, close it, and proceed. You will then be redirected to NBI Appointment Scheduling page.
Step 3 – Set NBI Appointment Schedule
You will be prompted to schedule your appointment. Here’s a sample screenshot and a straight forward procedure you can follow:
1. Select Appointment Branch. You need to select the nearest NBI branch where you will be getting your NBI Clearance. You can either type or scroll until you see the NBI branch you’re looking for.
2. Select Date and Time. Next is to select the date and time of your appointment with NBI. You need to choose between AM or PM.
Just click the date (AM or PM) you want to process your NBI and it will be reflected on Appointment Schedule on the right side of the panel. See the image below for reference.
Step 4 – NBI Application Fee Payment
1. Ready your application fee. Multipurpose Clearance has an updated fee of P130.00 (which previously is P115). Plus, there’s an additional fee of P25 for using the e-payment system.
2. Choose your preferred payment method. There are several payment options you can choose from. Use whatever you are most comfortable with:
Most of us can access 7-Eleven branches where we can pay our fees. So for this example, we will choose 7-Eleven as our payment method.
3. Choose 7-Eleven. Hit “7-Eleven” and you will see the following pop-ups. Just click on each and every one of them to proceed.
Click “Proceed” and another pop-up will appear.
Click “Proceed to payment” and you will see.
5. Pay via 7-Eleven Cliqq Kiosk. Save this reference number and go to any 7-Eleven branch to pay. You can always ask the cashier for assistance.
Here’s an easy and quick guide you can follow for 7-Eleven Payment for NBI Clearance.
6. Verify Transaction. Your transaction details will change from “Pending” to “Paid” after your 7-Eleven payment has been processed. Keep the receipt until the day of your appointment for safety and confirmation purposes.
To check the status of your transaction, go back to NBI Clearance Online website and click the “Transactions” tab.
Step 5 – Processing Your NBI Clearance on the appointment day
1. On your NBI appointment day, personally go to the NBI branch you entered in your application.
2. Bring the ID you previously entered in your application. Bring extra valid IDs in case they need more for further verification.
3. Dress properly and make sure to look neat. Do not bring any prohibited items that may cause you trouble.
4. Don’t forget your NBI online application Reference Number and bring your Receipt.
5. At the NBI Office, ask the guards, staffs, or people there so you will not waste time waiting for nothing.
Step 6 – Biometrics and Picture taking
1. Find the window for biometrics. The NBI staff will ask you to take a picture and assist you in fingerprint scanning.
(Bes, sinabihan kita na magayos bago pumunta at mag picture picture. Kapag mukha kang kriminal sa picture taking mo, huwag mo ko sisihin ha. Labyu.)
2. Next, you will have your NBI Clearance printed. You just need to wait a little bit to finally get your NBI clearance.
3. You are done! Hooray!
Always remember that if you’re not certain about your actions, do not hesitate to ask the people there.
Ang taong mapagtanong, daig ang marunong.
1. What is NBI Clearance?
NBI clearance is a government certificate that is released to an individual upon request. This certificate ensures that you’re cleared and has not been involved in any criminal act. This is accepted as a valid ID in the Philippines and can also be use for other legitimate identification purposes.
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance is a way to tell if there have been criminal cases filed in the Philippine courts. Its scope covers the entire Philippines in contrast to Police Clearance which is limited only to a particular locality.
Similar to the police clearance, NBI Clearance has a validity period that expires after a year. Of course, the validity of the certificate will not last a lifetime for the reason that you might get involved in a criminal case.
2. What do I need to know about HIT?
This is a rare case when you request for an NBI clearance and you got a “hit” status. Most people are not aware of this but it can cause delay in releasing your NBI Clearance immediately.
There are times people applying for NBI Clearance have same name with another person (Aba! si tukayo!). However, that person with the same name as yours has a criminal case or warrant of arrest. (Yun lang)
There’s no need to worry if you know to yourself that you don’t have any criminal liability. Your NBI clearance will be released right away.
People with HIT status will undergo NBI Quality Control just to verify and prove that they are not the person with the criminal case.
You will be guided accordingly if so happen that you indeed have a criminal case. You can simply ask the lawyer conducting the Quality Control Interview.
You might also need these: