Summer vacation is just one of the most awaited season of basically every Philippine citizen. There are a lot of get-together, outings, trip to here and there, and etc. But for us business minded people, we know that this is yet another opportunity for us to do business and earn money whether it be offline or online. In this post, I’ll be talking about a very familiar list of small business ideas in the Philippines during summer.
I’ll try to discuss things as insightful as possible to give you idea how these businesses can be your business after reading this. Hopefully by the end of this article, you’ll be able to pick the business of your choice and be able to prepare every time this season arrives.
So here we go. Here’s my top 10 list of small business ideas in the Philippines during summer season.
1. Food and Beverages – Warning! This is very mouth watering lol. Well, this is just but one of the blockbuster hits every summer. We all know that Filipinos love to eat, eat, and eat! and to take advantage of this fact, listed below are the best selling foods and drinks you can serve in your food and beverage business.
- Ice Cream (Sorbetes)
- Ice Candy
- Sago Gulaman
- Mais Con Yelo
- Buko Juice (Coconut Juice)
Your business really doesn’t need to be big to earn big in this. We’ve personally tried to sell Sago Gulaman and Ice Candy during youth events and the earning potential can be 3 to 5 times your capital! In short, tubong lugaw (big return). FYI, I’m actually drooling while thinking of the food I’ll be writing in this article. LOL.
Ice candy maybe cheap and small but there’s a couple who managed to make a Big time Ice Candy Business. This is a really an inspiring story.
2. Workshops – Many people who take summer as another opportunity to explore things, learn, develop skills and etc. If you are somebody who are good at something then you might want to consider this business idea. There are a lot of workshop you can put up every summer and I’ve listed down below where majority of the people enroll to.
- Arts Related Workshop (Painting, Animation, Drawing, Arts and Crafts, etc. )
- Musical Instruments (Strings, Percussion, Trumpet, Instrument Clinics, and etc.)
- Martial Arts (Karate, Taekwondo, Judo, Boxing, Muay Thai, etc.)
- Sing and Dance Workshops
- Acting Workshops
- Academic Workshops (Robotics, Math, )
- Sports Workshop (Football, Basketball, Tennis, Badminton, etc. )
- Personality Workshop / Child Development Workshops (Communication & Social skills development)
- Health Workshop (Yoga, Taichi, Chi Gong, Pilates, etc.)
Again if you’re good at something, don’t just let it out for free. If you can make a living out of your skills and talent then that would be great. This is one of the business ideas where you can enjoy earning while sharing with others things you love doing.
Additional knowledge for your business: Effective brand marketing strategy for your small business.
3. Pet Care Taker – Since most of the people in the Philippines are out during summer vacations, the cute little cats and dogs will be left out in their homes. If you are a pet lover and wanting to earn this summer, then you might want to put up this kind of business idea in the Philippines.
Basically what you need is to simply do the following:
- Poo and Pee
- Play and Exercise (weeeee!!)
This can be a good source of income specially if you’re still a student. If you want to know more ways how student can earn this summer, read Summer Jobs for Students in Philippines.
4. Resort Commissions – If you’re like me, who is nearby a bunch of resorts then this is a good opportunity for you as you can make small business out of it. I’ve personally talked with someone who made around 20K in just a week getting commissions from resort owners. Although this is not always the case throughout the year but it can be done during peak seasons especially summer.
What these guys do is they promote pools/resorts on social media and once they get some clients, they meet up with them and once the payment is done, they’ll get commission. Simple way to earn with small investment!
5. Swimming Gadgets – If you are into selling, then this is for you! There are a lot of swimming gadgets that you can sell during summer vacation. Take advantage of the season! Put up a small business and sell the following:
- Swimming Trunks
- Snorkeling Gear, everyone wants the best snorkel set
- Flippers and Swimming Fins
- Life Vest
- Swim Cap
I may miss out other things in the list but still the same these are the major things you can sell with your business this summer.
6. Personal Tutorials – There are a lot of parents who want their kids to do advance studies. One of the small business you can do this summer is provide home tutorial services. Great thing about this one is that you don t need anything but you and your brain. You don’t have to rent or build up a facility as compared to conducting a workshop. All you need is to present yourself to be knowledgeable on subjects you are going to teach.
7. Travel Gadgets – Way back then, most of the travelers and hikers here in Philippines are foreigners but because of the social media’s power, traveling has becoming more and more popular for Filipinos. There are bunch of travel gadgets you can sell either online or offline:
- Travel bags
- Other gadgets
If you’re a traveler and wanted to earn while traveling, you might want to read How travel bloggers earn online.
8. Accessories – Just like tshirt printing, creating custom accessories can be a good business during summer vacation. Personalized bracelets, mugs and other giveaways for outings can come in bulk orders.
9. Tshirt Printing – Every summer season there are a lot of group and company outings that are happening and they often have company shirt or themed clothing that they wear. Guess what? This is a big opportunity for you to make business in this particular market. Here’s a list of events you might get customers from:
- Company Outing
- Basketball Leagues
- Volleyball Leagues
- Family Outing
That’s it! There are other business ideas you can do here in the Philippines but these are the the most relevant and dominating businesses for this season.
You might be interested: