In this post, we’ll be talking about the one of the must-have certifications Filipinos use not just in Philippines but in other countries as well, The Barangay Clearance or also known as Certificate of Residency. Usually, this certificate is used for applying for a business permit.
What is a Barangay Clearance (Certificate of Residency)?
Barangay Clearance or Certification of Residency is one of the Philippine government’s issued documents that is required for many different transactions. Here are the following reasons why people need to request one:
- Barangay Clearance is required for applying a job ( local employment )
- Required for business establishment
- Many financial transactions also requires certificate of residency ( lending, loan, financing, etc. )
- Getting Postal I.D
- Police Clearance
- NBI Clearance | NBI Clearance Online
- License Renewal (Firearms/Driver’s)
- Tricycle Franchise
- Travel Abroad
The main idea is to certify that you are indeed living or residing in a particular barangay. You can use this for many businesses and different legal transactions.
Sample of Barangay Clearance
Here’s a sample of a Barangay clearance. I personally own this one and I got this certificate way back 2012 when I applied for a job here in our place. Basically, it has my name, address, reason of application, date the certificate was given, thumb mark, and signature.
Also included are the names of the local government officials, city logo, and the logo of the Barangay as well. The certificate’s looks varies for different barangays but most likely it will be of similar content.
Requirements for Barangay Clearance
To apply for Barangay Clearance here are the requirements to get the certificate:
- Application Form
- Application Fee (Usually varies around less than P100)
- Recent Community Tax Certificate or Cedula
Procedure on how to get Barangay Clearance or Certificate of Residency
The procedure is really easy so don’t worry. It takes around 15 to 30 minutes to get this one depending on the number of applicants and how busy the Barangay staffs are. So here’s how to Get or Apply a Barangay Clearance or Certificate:
- Prepare couple of small bills, less than one hundred pesos, for the Barangay Clearance fee. This usually don’t exceed 100 pesos (only around 20-30pesos) but just try to bring more than what’s needed. You might want to ready a ballpen and a piece of paper.
- Go to your nearest Barangay office and ask staff-in-charge for Barangay Clearance. They will give you a barangay clearance form that you need to fill-out. Once finished, forward it to the staff. You might also need to get a little dirty here for you might need to do a thumb mark on the certificate.
- Wait for the Barangay staff to process your document. This usually take 15-30 minutes. So if you’re going to wait, you might need to bring something that you can have to make wise use of the time.
- Once the staff is done, you can get your Barangay clearance/certificate after. Finished! Remember to review your Barangay clearance before leaving. Make sure there are no errors so your time will not be wasted.
Whether you’re in Las pinas, Taguig, Valenzuela, Quezon City, Cebu, or Marikina, it doesn’t matter. Whether it be for employment or for business, the procedure on how to get barangay clearance is very much similar for different places. Easy as ABC right? I hope this article helped you and you might want to share it to your friends if they are planning to get one soon.
You might also need: