Online jobs in the Philippines is now booming and this industry is currently playing a big part in the growth of our economy. Being able to work from home, whether full time or part time, has a lot of advantages. First of all, you can earn dollars, your working hours is flexible, you can work while being with your loved ones, no traffic, no need to wake up early, and many more.
Whether you are already employed or still a student, you can start working at home by applying for a part time home based job. Just take baby steps at first then once you get the hang of it, you can make it your full time online job.
If you’re planning to apply for an online job, listed below are the list of online jobs portals in Philippines you can consider where you can work from home.
Important considerations you need to read: Disadvantages of Home Based Online Jobs
Top 14 Sites Where You Can Apply Online Job in Philippines
The websites mentioned here have their own approach, but in essence, all of these sites allow you to do the same thing basically.
1. Upwork. This company is previously known as Odesk and is one of the most known online outsourcing website in the world. If you want to start your online job or freelancing career, you can start taking proficiency tests in many different fields.
If you’re into graphics design, take proficiency test in Photoshop or if you’re into Writing, take the appropriate exam for it. The more proficiency exams you passed, the more likely you will get a job quickly. See online jobs here.
Payments: Payments are based on worked hours, or completed jobs.
2. Freelancer. Also one of the biggest outsourcing site where you can apply for online jobs. This is where web developers, virtual assistants, and other IT related people usually hangout to fish some clients. There are a lot of Filipinos and Indians hanging in here. Work from home here.
Payments: based on milestones, or completed work.
You can start here with a low rate then work your way up to higher rates by gaining a lot of positive reviews and endorsements from your previous clients to build your reputation.
4. OnlineJobsPhilippines. OnlineJobs.ph is a Filipino online job board that caters exclusively to remote work opportunities. The good thing about onlinejobs is their powerful filtering system. The website is basically a database of resume where the employer can filter the skills required, the level of skills, desired salary, and etc. Look for online jobs here.
Just build your profile to have an id proof of 90+ and take their proficiency tests to attract more clients.
5. Craigslist Manila. This online outsourcing site may have a super minimalist, bare, design but don’t let this fool you. Craigslist is an online job search beast. This can be your source of quality online jobs here in Philippines. More home based works here.
If you’ve already found the website where you can apply for online job, you might want to learn these tips when you’re already have a home based job. Here’s the article: Tips for applying online job in the Philippines
6. Guru. Guru has simple interface, nice rating system and easy payment system for freelancers called SafePay system. Employers evaluate freelancers by checking their profiles that includes reviews, recommendations, testimonials, and portfolio of their previous works. More online jobs here.
7. 99 Designs. A website which offers graphic designers a chance to find projects to earn money. For employers, this is a way to get design works done from a professional design firm for lesser cost. Freelancer can join design contests and create their own stores inside 99 design’s website. Apply works from home here.
8. Fiverr. This site is a great way to start a home based part time job. You can sell your services in Fiverr starting at $5. The site started out selling everything for 5$ each as the base price but as the site develops, the sellers now can offer additional services with additional cost. See home based jobs here.
If you can sketch drawings, do online teaching, do caricatures, fix something, offer online typing services, do assignments, design graphic works, or any services you can think of which you can offer for a quick turnaround, sell it on fiver!
9. Staff.com. With staff.com, you will be hired for short period of time, or a probationary period where your performance will be assessed if the employer will keep you for longer term. Look for online jobs here.
10. Raket Philippines. A website directory of freelancers and professionals in the Philippines. In this online outsourcing site, the client and freelancers communicate and arrange deals directly. Freelancers and professionals here are called Raketeers. More online jobs here.
By the way..
If you still don’t know what job you will be applying for, you might want to read the Top work from-home-jobs in the Philippines.
11. 199Jobs. If you want to earn quick money from simple tasks or you want to outsource instead, you better check 199jobs.com. This is an online bulletin board-like website for people who are looking or offering small tasks and jobs for low price of 199 pesos. See online job listings here.
12. VirtualCoWorkerPh. This site is a Australian based company seeking for Philippine professionals to work from home for companies in foreign countries. If you want to be a home based professional, then you might want to check this site for online job opportunities. See job openings here.
13. Bestjobs.ph Best Jobs Philippines acts as a link to home based employees and employers. If you want to apply through their platform, you need to complete the registration on their site and upload your resume. Best jobs do not intervene in the selection process. For more home based jobs, see here.
14. GreatJobsPhilippines This website just like other job listing sites promotes home based job opportunities. But the thing here is they give appropriate tools to job seekers to get hired as fast as possible. This site offers full time and part time jobs too. For more info, see their site here.
These are the most commonly known online job sites where you can apply for home based online jobs in the Philippines. Some offer part time jobs and some offer full time employment. Just check out what suites you best.
By the way, let me share you..
How I get started in home based jobs
I was once in a corporate world just like many of you. I wake up early, I prepare my things before I sleep, and all those typical employee’s job routines. However, I realized that kind of game wasn’t for me, it’s not my game.
I don’t want to spend the rest of my life that way. I want to explore more things in life, spend more time with my family, attend my church activities whenever I want to, do business in my own terms, and many more.
So here’s what I did..
The moment I learned that it is really possible to work from home and earn online legitimately, I started accumulating learning materials for web development. I bought my first laptop, I downloaded a lot of e-books and videos. It takes a lot of discipline and sacrifice to learn the craft. I removed all the possible distractions and quit the activities that will consume my time learning.
I read and watch learning materials while traveling and during breaks. I start practicing the actual coding when I arrive home from work and stay awake ’til midnight. I did this routine for more than a year where I sleep only for around 4-5 hours almost everyday.
After almost 2 years, I discovered that I’ve got a friend who was the top 1 endorsed guy in peopleperhour that time. I approached him if he could help me dive into web development. Right after that talk, I started WordPress Development. Although I’m not really that knowledgeable that time but I learned a lot along the way.
Here are some advice I can give for newbies.
- Know your goal.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Don’t be a perfectionist.
- Google is your friend.
- Conquer your “self”.
These advice are simple yet so strong. I want to stress this: “You don’t need to learn everything to start, but you need to start in order to learn everything”. Just learn enough at first then have the courage to dive into the real deal. Don’t waste your time perfecting things because you will learn along the way.
To help you get started with your transition from your current office job to working online, I’ve summarized my road map how to do it smoothly. You can check the step by step procedures in this article: Start Online Job in the Philippines – Smooth Transition From Office Job
So that’s it!
Your story may be different than mine. You might be into writing, or selling stuffs, or graphics design, or tutoring and teaching, it’s all up to you. What I can suggest is create your own story. Take time to know yourself more, what you really want, your strengths and weaknesses, and where you’re good at.
Learn the necessary skills and gain the confidence. Once you’re ready, you can start applying for home based jobs. Find the online job that you want, the job that fits your lifestyle.
You might want to read How to get clients in your freelance business.
You can do part time work-at-home job as a start then go full time later. There are a lot of companies hiring online jobs today. Don’t worry about the money transactions because paypal is a proven secured method to transfer money.
If you prefer other method for money transfer, you can receive money trough western union. I just mentioned this because many are scared of trying out new things specially with regards to money transaction.
So that’s it folks! If you have questions, suggestions, and violent reactions we can discuss things on the comment section below. If you find this article helpful, don’t forget to share this to your awesome friends!
I’ll be waiting for that actual moment that you will email me saying that you just get your first online job and this article has been a part of your story. 🙂
Want to learn more? Try reading these: