As you know, the fruits of affiliate marketing is very much appealing to a wide crowd. Just think of this, who would not want to earn four to five figures of dollars a day while working from home with your loved ones? If you still don’t know what affiliate marketing can give you, better read What is affiliate marketing and how it works.
There’s a reality that the rewards one can get from affiliate marketing are mostly reserved for those people with personalities and traits that can survive and thrive in this kind of industry.
Apparently, most of the people attracted here are the introverts, the socially awkward, those kind of people who prefer to stay home all day, bookworms, gamers, artists, those thinking people who wants to get out of the organizational ladder.
Here’s a little truth I observe about internet marketing or even offline network marketing especially in Philippines. People are not well informed regarding these kind of business. With all those “marketing scams” buzzing all throughout the country, you cannot blame people to have a wrong impression with anything that has the word “marketing”. Funny and lame but it’s true and that is why there are only few risk takers who are in this kind of business. Do you think you fit here?
If you want to know more online opportunities, read Legit Ways to Make Money Online.
Not all people who gets into the internet marketing game survive. Here are the kinds of people who struggle in affiliate marketing:
- The impatient, and those who lack focus.
- Anybody who gets restless at the thought of long hours spinning in circles with no apparent progress.
- People who consider their opinions above hard data.
- Those people who don’t care to increase expand their knowledge
and here are the usual..
Personality traits that fits affiliate marketing industry:
1. Disciplined. Well we all know in affiliate marketing, you are the one who holds your time. No boss or supervisor that will watch over you and therefore you need to be disciplined enough to do your game plan whether you feel like it or not.
2. Willing to learn. The rules-of-the-game in this kind of industry is ever changing, if you will not devote yourself in learning the the trends, you will be out of the game and others will simply outplay you. You need to constantly seek knowledge from the leaders in the industry. If you want to be on the top, innovation is a must.
3. Determined. As long as you love what you’re doing, you’ll be able to get to the point where you want to be. The natural drive to push yourself to workout your stuff is always there specially if you feel like you’re just playing. There are bunch of affiliate marketers out there lack determination and with just couple of weeks or months, they fade away.
4. Optimistic. One of the key attitude for basically achieving anything is to have a positive outlook. No one succeeded being negative on what he believes. If your mind can conceive that you can, you probably can achieve it.
5. Patient. Big part of affiliate marketing is waiting. Very similar to fishing, you’ll wait until a big fish get caught in the bait. Patience is a virtue and is true especially in affiliate marketing so better get a lot of it.
There are only small percentage of people who are diving into the game of affiliate marketing who are actually earning money online. A lot of new people in internet marketing quit before they get their first sale because they lack patience.
The qualities mentioned above are needed in order to succeed as an affiliate marketer. If you think you you’re a good fit for this kind of business then you better start taking actions now.