If you want to be known on the internet and make buzz on social media, you better read more. We’ll cover one of today’s marketing strategies that will surely make your blog reach more audience to be converted into cash.
You’ve seen the big names in the viral game such as Buzzfeed, ViralNova, Diply, Little Things, and a lot more. These companies are making HUGE amount of MONEY with their blogs and I know you want to do the same thing too.
We will dissect how these websites’ contents go viral so you can use it to your own advantage to earn more in your business. So without further ado, here’s..
10 Ways to Make Your Content Go Viral in Social Media
1. Topics your target audience can relate to. One of the big factors why people share images, videos, and blog posts on social media is because they can relate to it. The stronger the emotional connection a content has, the more it can trigger that click-to-share feeling.
You need to research what’s going on out there in the real world, real events that are happening to your target audience. If people highly resonate with your post, they will share and caption it with similar events they have also experienced.
Reverse engineering your target audience’s daily life activities can really help you big to make your content go viral.
2. Timing is crucial. Yet another super important factor in making your content go viral. In many business, timing is everything. With viral content, you need to be aware of the trending topics not just in your chosen niche but with other current events your audience care about.
You also need to be aware what day and time-of-the-day your target audience are most active. For example, if you’re publishing content for students, you don’t want to publish it during their school hours because that’s not going to be very effective. So again, timing is very crucial.
3. Trigger your audience’s ego. People normally want to look good in the sight of their friends. I bet you too. You can leverage this strategy by creating content where your audience can show off about something.
This will make your audience click that share button with some caption that boosts their self esteem. For example, you can write post that talks about “signs of being a genius”, “things you will love about introverts”, “what makes you limited edition”, and etc.
These kind of content gives your readers the chance to show off to their friends in a subtle way. No one wants to boast about something and look arrogant on their profiles.
4. Build curiosity. If you want your content to spread like crazy in social media, you initially want people to engage with your post, image, or video. You need to test eye catching images, thought provoking titles, and descriptions that will catch your audience’s attention.
You may want to add some atmosphere of mystery in your content. This makes people want to know more and engage with your content. Whether it be a media engagements, likes, reactions, shares, all these things can help your content reach more people.
5. Emotional triggers. Contents that trigger right emotions can create a big buzz on the internet. Whether your message is positive or negative, the thing is it should not be neutral or dry.
Listed below are the emotions when triggered can make your content highly contagious. These are used by top content marketers out there.
Amazement – People, events, places, stories, tips, or other things that are extraordinary are things people can resist. Content that triggers amazement is one of the things people can’t resist to share.
Anger – You’ve seen this before in Facebook and Twitter. You’ve seen a lot of bashing, hating, challenging someone else stand about something, and other similar stories that went viral on the internet. Whether it’s genuine or not, provoking anger is effective way to make content go viral.
Fear – One of the things that pushes people to take action is fear. It also triggers the need for them to share the information to help other people they care about.
Joy – Think about cats. Period. Basically, anything that is entertaining, funny, exciting, or other things that shares uplifting positive vibes.
Lust – Lust can be anything about such as money, food, men, women, or anything similar. You need to be aware of people’s hidden desire and add this angle to your content.
Surprise – Anything that goes beyond your audience’s expectation. New ways of doing things, innovations, hard-to-believe stuff, and new discoveries are just some of the things that surprises people.
6. Reach out to Influencers. If you’re just starting out in this viral game, you might not have enough audience to spark up a ton of shares and engagement. What you need to do is to utilize other people’s traffic to build awareness.
List down a handful of influencers in your chosen niche and outreach to them if they are accepting paid promotion or free social shares.
7. Invest in paid ads. There are a ton of ways to reach more people. If you want a faster route, you need to invest a little money. You can use different social media’s advertising program to make your content reach more people that cares about your craft.
8. Huge lists. You can see this form of content in a lot of big viral sites. They write content such as “Top 30 of this” and “Top 50 of that” and gets a ton of shares.
9. Recycling Content. If you want sure results, you can always check successful viral contents that have been buried for long. You can recover and add your own touch to make it original. This way, you will have a content that has a higher chance to go viral.
Creating viral content is not a hit and run kind of game. It requires testing and tweaking until you get the perfect blend of ingredients. It’s not always certain why the content went viral. You need to target influencers that influences other people to share your content.
If you want to win big in this game, you need to have a good number of influencers or highly engaged groups to kick start things. Out of ten content, you might get one successful post. Place a higher bet with that successful post to make your marketing efforts more efficient and effective.
PS: Don’t comment here telling me that this post only has few shares and is not viral. Well, I got other Facebook page and blog posts that beat other big names in this game. That’s just not what I’m after in this post.
You might want to read: