If you’re planning to work at home but don’t know where to start, you definitely need guidance. You need someone to help you on the step-by-step process how to create your home based business. Becoming a Virtual Assistant through Professional VA Academy is one way to do so.
Virtual Assistant or simply VA is simply a personal assistant only in a virtual setting. Virtual assistants typically work for small businesses and busy executives.
It is up to you if you want to handle multiple part-time clients or work for a single client in a full time basis. Your decision depends on what kind of lifestyle you want.
There are a lot of fields you can work for as a virtual assistant. Here’s a snippet of list of what you can do as a VA:
- Data Entry
- Online teaching
- Web Design & Development
- E-book Writing
- Administrative assistance
- Social Media Management
- Real estate
- Graphics Design
- and a lot more.
If you’re interested in this, I encourage you to read more.
Yesterday I’ve attended a workshop headed by ate Rochefel Rivera, founder of profesionalvas.com, in her #VApreneur: One Day to Freedom Workshop.
The goal of the workshop is to help aspiring and seasoned Virtual Assistants to transition from a typical office employees to VApreneurs.
Rochefel was dismayed at how Filipinos were being promoted as “cheap VAs with excellent English communication skills and work ethics”. This inspired her to help Filipino virtual assistants realize their potential as business owners.
I agree on how many of our skilled kababayans are so underrated. Although we really cannot except the fact that there are those who are just starting out and are willing to get paid with very low rates. Be careful to not let this pull down your rates too.
Although I’ve been in this industry for quite some time now, I still went there yesterday to resonate with other VAs and bloggers and learn new things I might not now yet.
Yesterday’s event is a compressed version of Rochefel’s coaching program Professional VA Academy. You’ll learn the necessary things you need to learn in order to get started as a VApreneur.
Here are some of the topics discussed:
- Different Learning Styles
- Intro to the VA industry
- How to get paid via Payoneer
- Different VA Opportunities
- Dreams and Goal Setting
- Pricing, Niche Selection, and Payment
- Business Branding
- How to get more clients
Her coaching program has a lot of worksheets that will definitely help you get to know yourself more. The worksheets will give you a clearer path on what you really want in your life and business.
If you want to get in touch with her, you might want to join her Facebook group ProfessionalVAs.
Here are some of the pictures from yesterday’s event:
and yesterday’s event sponsors:
- Payoneer – A financial service business that provides online money transfer and payment services. A good option for your business’ online money transactions. The transaction fee is cheaper than Paypal and they offer competitive foreign exchange. You can check their site for more details.
- Happy Organics – An all-natural, eco-friendly, and affordable skincare online shop. Founded by a young and innovative entrepreneurial mom. They offer hair, body, and skin care products that are all organic and contains no harmful substances.
You might want tor read:
- Webites Where You Can Apply Online Job in the Philippines
- Advantages of Having an Online Job
- Disadvantages of Home Based Online Jobs
- Work From Home Online Jobs in the Philippines
- Effective Brand Marketing Strategy For Small Businesses