Instead of being in a lazy “Hayahay” mode every vacation, why not look for a summer job? For students in Philippines, it has been a common talk before the school year ends to find for a summer job. This way, you can help yourself and your family with the everyday expenses and it’s also a way to save money.
In this post we’ll be talking about the top summer jobs Filipino students take during vacation and some small business ideas you can start as a student.
Summer Jobs for Highschool Students in Philippines
Since most of the highschool students are below 18 years old, the following jobs or sidelines will be the most applicable for you. Though this is not really limited to highschool students, the following summer jobs can be good for college students as well.
1. Provide Tutor Service – As a student, this can be a good source of income and at the same time a good chance for you to review your subjects. Before the school year ends, try to talk those parent who are looking for tutor service for their grade school child or children.
You can ask for P200 pesos (and above) for a 2-3 hour session of tutorial services. This is good opportunity especially if you’re living in a subdivision with private schools inside.
2. Dog Walker or Pet Sitter – If you love pets, then this is perfect for you. We know that every summer, there are a lot of families going out of town and that can be a good opportunity for you to actually earn money during summer vacation.
You can offer services to pet owners to take care of their dogs, cats, and etc. You can ask for a weekly or monthly payment depending on your agreement. Fun way to earn every summer right?
3. Provide Repair Services – If you’re a highschool student who is very well versed in computers. You can provide reformatting service, software installation, repair, and etc.
I still remember my highschool classmate who earns quite significant amount of money every summer during our highschool days. He built his own desktop pc from his own earnings. Really a good source of income.
4. Computer Shop Staff – If you love gaming, then this one may be good for you. You can apply as computer shop staff. You’ll be able to play games while earning. Isn’t that cool?
5. Babysitter – Playing with babies while earning during summer? How about that? Every vacation, you can earn significant amount of money babysitting your neighbors child. Not only you get the chance to ply with cute babies but also get free meals as well. Though it really depends on your agreement 🙂
6. SPES (Special Program for Employment of Students) – This is a government program to help the poor but deserving students. SPES is open for high school, college, or vocational students. Even drop-outs will do! Well.. as long as you are going to continue your education you’re in. The program welcomes ages 15-25 years old. For further information you can ask your local government offices, barangay office, or your classmates who are in this kind of summer jobs. 🙂
7. Put Up Your Own Small Business – Since it is summer, old good “samalamig” will surely be a hit. Imagine with just an Sugar Syrup (Arnibal), Crushed Ice, Sago and Plastic or plastic cup, you can earn up to 5x your initial capital. We’ve personally tried this and all I can say is that this is one of the best “tubong lugaw” business.
8. Graphics Design Works – If you know something about Photoshop and know how to do graphics design, you can present yourself to do paid artworks, tarpaulin designs, or if you know how to draw portraits, create a Facebook page then make it as your channel to find customers.
You may want to read:
Summer Jobs for College Students in Philippines
Most of the college students are in their legal age and therefore qualified for the following jobs listed below. These can be good source of income for college students during summer vacations.
1. Restaurant Crew – This has been the most common fall back for students here in the philippines who want to earn during summer vacation. There are many college students who take this as a part time jobs after going to school.
2. Apply as Virtual Assistant – If you’re good at something, chances are, somebody is looking for your talent or skills. Try to look for online jobs this summer. You can check here legitimate online jobs that suites your skill.
3. Apply for Call Center Jobs – One of the best places to train yourself speaking english is through the BPO world. The income is quite high for college students and there are a lot of things you can learn from the call center industry.
However, you should take note that the schedule can be quite stressful for newcomers. But once you get the hang of it, everything will be okay.
Since not everything is about just earning, you should learn how to save money too. I’ve written awesome post regarding how to save money as a student in philippines. You can check it out here: How students can save money.
That’s it! I hope I’ve helped you finding a summer job that fits you. I always update my posts and you can just go back here for new stuffs. You’re free to share this to your friends!
If you got something else to share, just share it by commenting it down below this article. Have a nice day! 🙂
Preparing for your future career or business? You might want to read the following posts:
- Business Ideas for introverts
- Top Work From Home Online Jobs in the Philippines (Earn Big)
- Perfect Small Business Ideas you can start in the Philippines
- Tips for Applying Online Jobs in the Philippines