In this post, we’ll be talking about the one of the must-have certifications that is widely used in Philippines, the Police Clearance. You’ll learn a bit what a police clearance is, what it is for, where to get it, how to get it, and the requirements involved.
Table of content:
Police clearance is a government document that is released to an individual upon request. This certificate ensures that you cleared and has not been involved in any criminal act. This is accepted as a valid ID and can also be use for legitimate identification purposes.
As a part of safety precautions, some company employers require a Police Clearance in the process of hiring qualified employees. Getting Passports and other government IDs may also require a police clearance.
Police clearance, of course, has a validity time which may expire after a year after the certificate has been issued. The validity will not last a lifetime for the reason that you might involved yourself in any criminal cases anytime soon (which hopefully will not happen). If you need to get one again, just go back to this site and do the procedure mentioned here.
Sample of Police Clearance Certificate
Here’s a sample of police clearance certificate. This police clearance basically has your name, address, date of birth, place of birth, date of issuance, and the purpose of request. It also has your picture, which we’ll be talking in the next section, and a thumb mark.
By the way, if you’re planning to put up a business or looking for other ways to earn money, you might want to read these articles:
- Legitimate ways to work from home and earn online
- List of small business ideas you can start in the Philippines
Requirements for Police Clearance (Philippines)
If you’re planning to get one, here are the main requirements for police clearance.
- Sedula (Community or Residence tax certificate )
- Barangay clearance – This can be acquired on the barangay office near where the applicant is living. You can get this under an hour.
- Two pieces 2×2 ID picture – There are police station where they have their own camera in case that you don’t have 2×2 picture available. For smoother transaction, better to just bring your 2×2 picture and don’t rely on things you are not sure of. You might not know if the police station in your area may not have camera available but in case you are sure, then it’s all up to you. 🙂
- Police clearance application form – This will be given to you at the police station upon request.
- Additional: You might need to bring your own ballpen, preferably black, an alcohol if you need to get rid of the ink for the thumb marking process, and make sure that you are not WANTED serial killer (Hehe). Bring the original and photocopy version of your documents for verification.
How To Get Police Clearance (Philippines)
- You can commute or walk, if you want, going the nearest local police station. Make sure to bring the requirements so that you will not be wasting your time.
- Once you’re one the police office, talk to the duty desk officer and fill out the request form for police clearance. Double check everything you’ve written on the form for smoother transaction.
- Once done filling out the police clearance form, submit it back with the required documents and pay for the Police Clearance Fee at the treasurer’s office. The amount how much you will pay is determined by the LGU where your local police office is located.
- Submit the official receipt to the PNCO (Clearance Police Non-Commissioned Officer) then you’ll be guided to place your thumb mark on the provided space then you can now claim the clearance.
Here’s another tip. If you’re not familiar going in and out of the police station, don’t hesitate to ask the people there. 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between NBI clearance and Police Clearance? NBI Clearance has specific purpose such for Traveling Abroad, Business, and etc. Police clearnyce on the other hand is typically used for Local Employment within your area or city.
2. How long do I need to wait to get my Police Clearance? It actually depends how long the queuing line is. But for regular transactions, you can get your certificate on the same day.
3. What do I need to do if my certificate has wrong information in it? You can request a correction on the police station where you got it. Always double check your info before leaving the Police Station.
You might also need:
- How to get Barangay Clearance in Philippines.
- How to get NBI Clearance
- Complete Guide How to get NBI Clearance Online Philippines (updated)