The Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company, commonly known as Metrobank, is one of the largest bank in the Philippines. It has a wide variety of financial services, from regular banking to insurance. In this article, you will learn the step by step process on how to open a Metrobank Savings Account. If you want to know more about the requirements and the maintaining balance for Metrobank savings account, read more.
Being one of the largest bank in the Philippines, it has thousands of ATM machines and branches around the Philippines to accommodate every Filipino’s finance needs.
Metrobank Savings Account Requirements
1. First of all, you need 2 Valid IDs. Below is a list of commonly accepted valid IDs.
- Police Clearance
- Barangay Clearance
- Voter’s ID
- NBI Clearance
- Senior Citizen Card
- Postal ID
- Driver’s License
- Other Government issued IDs
Your IDs should be:
- Original copy
- Photo-bearing (should be clear)
- It should be unexpired
- Issued by an official authority
2. Two pieces of 2×2 or 1×1 picture. As much as possible provide the most recent ones.
3. Minimum of P2000 Initial Deposit. You need to bring at least P2,000 pesos initial deposit for opening Metrobank ATM bank account or e-Teller Bank Account.
So basically, these 3 are the main requirements to open your savings account.
Step-by-Step Procedure in Opening a Metrobank Savings Account
1. Personally go to the nearest Metrobank branch in your area and bring the requirements with you. Just check what banking hours the branch in your area is operating. Tell staff that you will be opening a BPI savings account. Worst case scenario, you’ll face a long queuing line. So don’t forget to bring your phone with you or some other things to kill boredom while waiting.
2. Fill out the form. Make sure to double check or even triple check all the information before submitting it so you will not be wasting your time just because of simple errors.
3. After accomplishing and submitting the application form, you need to wait for them until they have reviewed and encoded all the information into their system. If you’ve applied for Metrobank Passbook Account, typically, you can get your passbook right away.
If you’ve applied for Metrobank ATM savings account, you can get your ATM card typically within a week or 5-7 days. Be reminded that you need to bring Valid ID and the slip bearing your account number.
Metrobank Savings Account Initial Deposit and Maintaining Balance
|Passbook Account||Initial Deposit / Maintaining Balance|
|Fun Savers Club||500|
|SSS Pensioner Regular||100|
|US Pensioner Regular||500|
|ATM / Electronic Teller Account||Initial Deposit / Maintaining Balance|
|SSS Pensioner ET||100|
|Checking Account||Initial Deposit / Maintaining Balance|
|MetroChecking Extra Regular||15,000.00|
|MetroChecking Extra Commercial||35,000.00|
The Initial Deposit / Maintaining balance are as of October 15 2015