Have you been fascinated about successful people? They seem unstoppable on what they are doing. Whether in their business, family, recreational activities, health and etc, they seem to have a an endless energy for everything they do.
Have you ever wonder what these successful people do habitually every single day in order to be on the list of top earners in the society.
Here’s what Aristotle said..
95% of everything you do is the result of habit
If this is the case, then we definitely need to form good habits, stick to it, and make these habits your masters. We need to copy the habits of the successful people and let these habits serve as the blueprint for our success.
Here’s a little truth about Good and Bad habits:
Good Habits – are hard to form but easy to live with.
Bad Habits – are easy to form but hard to live with.
Habits can be learned and can also be replaced by new habits. So if you have bunch of bad habits, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Kidding aside, if you have a lot of bad habits, then there is nothing to worry as these bad habits can be replaced by new habits. Hopefully, after reading this, you’ll start replacing your bad habits with good ones.
“Okay pal, I’m now ready to form my good habits. So how do I actually do it?”
Habits are created through a method called Repetition. All the things you do from the time you get up in the morning to the time you are going to sleep is part of your habit.
Now you might ask what are the daily habits of successful people?
From the book Million Dollar Habits by Brian Tracy, here are the everyday habits of the successful people:
1. Daily Goal Setting – Always make a list of goals you need to accomplish for the next day. Think about your goals during travel and talk with other people about your goals. In the process, you become what you think about. If you have a clear list of your goals, your way is clear to become successful. Successful people do think about their goals most of the time.
2. Be Results Oriented – Successful people are results oriented. Once you’ve made your list, set priorities on the list what to take first. You need to put on top priority the things that are most important, the ones that can create the biggest impact to achieve your goal.
3. Become People Oriented – Everything that you achieve in life is going to be with the help, support, or cooperation of other people. To build something big, you need a big team. Remember that if two heads are better than one then what more is three heads?
Always think what is it that other people want and need from you. Give value to people to the point they are willing to help you back. If you’re in sales, you should be thinking about your customers, who your customers are, what they want, what they need, and how you can help them the most.
4. Be Health Oriented – Think about your health, what you’re going to eat, and how much you need to rest. In a very competitive world, you need more energy to get to the top of the competition. You should have a regular habit of exercising to keep your body fit.
5. Be Honest Always – No matter what your business is, no matter what product or service you are offering, you should be honest of what is in the deal, the specs, the features, price, delivery, and etc.
6. Self Discipline – Self discipline is one of the most important foundation habit you need to learn in order to be successful. Without self discipline, all everything else will not be possible. Discipline is the ability to get yourself do what you need to do, when you need to do it, whether you feel like to do it or not.
Most of the people can do things it if they feel like it right?
But it is when you feel like not doing it but you do it anyway is what makes everything else possible.
Form a good habit until it becomes automatic and easy.
That’s it! I would like to end this post with quotes you can share:
If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. – Henry Ford
Insanity – doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. – Albert Einstein
If you have something to share, kindly share your opinions and let’s discuss it on the comment section below.