I’ll be sharing with you one of the cards that I often use in my online transactions. This one is from BPI and it is called My ePrepaid Mastercard. It is a re-loadable prepaid card and acts just like the regular MasterCard only without the credit lol. I linked this card to my paypal account and so far the reviews I can give is all positive. I’ve been using this card to buy on online shopping sites and pay my bills online. There’s not much of requirements regarding the application for this eprepaid card and it has 100% application approval. Yes, you’ve heard it right, it’s easy to get this card and that’s what we’ll be talking about here.
Based on their site, Here are the BPI ePrepaid card’s features:
- 100% Application Approval (I’ve actually applied for two cards but I get only one)
- Can be used wherever MasterCard is accepted
- You can pick color of your choice Azure & Indigo (I know indigo but the other one, what color was that?)
- Card has 2 years validity (Well.. Fair enough)
- Has maximum load of P100,000.00
- Can be reloaded in many ways
- Has real time balance inquiry
- Enjoy BPI Real Thrills’ instant discount (I haven’t enjoyed this feature yet. LOL)
How to apply for BPI eprepaid card to start shopping online?
For bpi eprepaid application, there are two ways. One is through BPI Express Online and the other one is through BPI Branches.
For hassle free transaction, I suggest you to take the BPI express online as I personally applied online through this online bpi eprepaid application form.
Once you’re on the application form page, you’ll be prompted to select the card type. In my case, I chose to have the indigo one.
After selecting the card type, scroll down a bit and you’ll see more input fields. Just type in all the details and information required.
You also need to choose the branch where you want to pick up your car. Just get the location of the nearest BPI branch in your area and you’re good to go.
Once done filling up the form, just click the button to submit it. Make sure to get a printed copy so you can present it to the branch where you’ll be claiming your card.
How to claim your BPI ePrepaid Card?
Before you can claim your BPI ePrepaid Card, you have to wait for 5 days if you are within metro manila and 7 days for Visayas and Mindanao after the application.
There are couple of thing you need to claim your card:
- Bring a valid ID (In my case, I used my voter’s ID)
- You need to bring P350 application fee for metro manila and P450 application fee for outside the metro.
- Bring the copy of application form you printed.
I’ve been using this card for a couple of months now and I believe this card is worth having if you want to buy online or do other online transactions.
About the BPI ePrepaid Transaction Fee
This one too was once my question if the P350 or P450 pesos transaction fee will be reflected as initial balance on the card. Well, the answer is NO. This should be clear that the fee itself is for the processing of your application and will not be added to the current balance of the card.
BPI ePrepaid Paypal Verification
This is one of the reasons why I opted to apply for this card. I’m a freelancer and most of the time being paid online through paypal. I’m really not into bringing cash on my hand (Yes, I go out with just enough money for traveling & food LOL) and I also want to learn more about online money transactions.
So, for you to link your BPI ePrepaid Mastercard to paypal, you better make sure that your card has at least P150 balance. Why? because paypal charge around $1 to link your Paypal account to your BPI ePrepaid Mastercard. Another P100 will be charged when you verify your card.
Once you successfully verify your card, Paypal will return your Php 100 to your paypal account to be included as a paypal credit, yay! You can now then buy stuffs online using your paypal credits through your master card equivalent.
Here’s a step-by-step procedure on how to link My ePrepaid to PayPal:
- Get into your Paypal account and log-in (If you don’t have paypal account yet, you need to sign up first)
- Click on the Profile tab
- Select Add/Edit Credit Card
- Select MasterCard as your card type (BPI ePrepaid is mastercard equivalent)
- Enter your My ePrepaid MasterCard details
- Then hit Add Card
- Your ePrepaid Card is now viewable through your PayPal profile. To finalize linking of your card to Paypal, click Confirm My Card to allow PayPal to send a 4-digit verification code you need.
To get your 4-digit verification code for paypal, check and see your last 5 card transaction history via BPI Express Online ( note that card should be enrolled and is visible in your BPI express online account’s My Portfolio Page). You can also get it by sending request with your 16-digit BPI ePrepaind Card Number via email to [email protected]
So you know what to do now. Right after having the card, just load it to have your initial balance. It’s up to you whether you use it with your paypal or just simply use the card straight without the paypal link.
BPI ePrepaid Balance Inquiry
There are several ways you can inquire for your card balance real time.
1. Online Banking
- From the home page, hit the “Inquire your Prepaid Card balance” below “Personal Login”.
- Input your 16-digit My ePrepaid MasterCard’s number and hit “Submit“.
2. SIM Banking
- Key in BALEC <space> <your 16-digit My ePrepaid MasterCard® number>.
Ex: BALEC 5264914501234567
- Send to 2274 for GLOBE/TM subscribers or Send to 3274 for SMART/TALK ‘N TEXT subscribers.
- Your BPI ePrepaid MasterCard balance will be sent to you via SMS.
Note: SMS charges of PHP 2.50 apply. (Pang candy din yan)
3. Phone Banking
- Dial 89-100 (+63-2-89-10000 for international calls).
- Press 4 for other products and services then 1 for Prepaid and Gift Cards.
- Press 1 to inquire for the balance of your card.
- Key in your 16-digit My ePrepaid MasterCard® number.
As for me, I always check my balance online. I’m faster navigating stuffs on my lappy than on other gadgets I have lol.
You might want to read: