If you’re planning to work from home and start putting up a small business in the Philippines, this is for you! In this article, we will discuss businesses you can do with just small capital. Many people are afraid of putting up business with high initial capital. They say it’s too risky for them specially for those who are new in entrepreneurship.
If you’re a married woman, being able to work from home is definitely a big help for you while taking care of your kids. If you’re still a student, this is a good way to help your parents from your house expenses.
Through the development in technology, there are a lot of ways now to make money online. You just need to discover it. This is also the reason why this blog is made, to give our fellow countrymen information regarding these matters.
This post will tackle the best possible home based business ideas that are already out there but before we dive into the core of this article, here’s a little but important set of tips:
- You should love or at least learn to love what you are doing. Without the drive, reason, and motivation, your business will not last long. Don’t let the money be the main motivation for your business but the life it can give you and your family.
- Don’t just do something, sit there! If you want to increase the chance of your success, don’t just dive straight ahead and start your business. Do some planning so that you’ll be able to see the bigger picture of things and you’ll be able to prepare for the rough roads.
- Leverage the power of the internet. Use the right social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+. Create your website, learn how run ads and target your market.
- Residency considerations. Since you’ll be doing your business at home, you might need to confirm if there would be restrictions putting up business in your home or backyard or front yard.
- Secure the required papers (Necessary Clearances and Permits)
Best Home Business Ideas in Philippines With Small Capital
Since our world is currently divided into two, the online world and the offline world (real world). I made a separate list of home business ideas for both online and offline. This is also to cater our Filipino citizens who are not tech savvy and still not aware of the internet world.
Again, the list of business ideas here fall under home based and low cost investment categories. So here’s our list:
Online Business Ideas:
1. Buy and Sell Business – This is one of the most lucrative ways to earn money at the comfort of your home. You just need to be online and do the transactions using the social media, email, and websites!
2. Virtual Assistant – If you got bunch of computer and internet skills, then VA business might be for you! Here in the philippines, there’s a virtual assistant group called professionalVAs founded by ms Rochefel Rivera or simply ate “Roch”. She offers free and paid training. You might want to check her videos on youtube or send her a message on Facebook account so you can start your VA business.
3. SEO – Philippines is getting known in this kind of business because of the cheap services we offer compared to other countries. SEO or Search Engine optimization in a nutshell is the game of optimizing your website pages to appear on the first page of search engines such as google.
This involves a lot of discipline and a lot of learning because it’s an ever changing game. So if you love learning new things then this business might be for you.
4. Social Media Marketing/Manager – There are a lot of businesses today whose main customers are coming from the social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. There are other social media networks currently rising and if your forte is to gain attraction, create interaction, manage people, pitching and selling, there are a lot of opportunities in this field.
5. Internet Marketing – Internet marketing is a big word and there are A LOT of businesses who are dependent on their internet marketing strategy. Here’s the good thing about internet marketing, even if you’re just a small business owner, through the internet you can compete with the large companies on a worldwide scale.
I know many people who run their business alone but their profit is more than a what a company is earning. This is how lucrative internet marketing business and internet business in general can be.
6. Virtual BPO Business – Foreign businesses prefer Philippines other than neighboring Asian countries because of the neutral English accent and it’s second nature to us Filipinos. BPO industry in the Philippines will still be there for long time because many businesses outside the country are looking for low-cost alternative to their native countrymen.
7. Blogging – Blogging has been proven to not just be a hobby but it can turn into a money making machine. There are bunch of Filipinos who already got into the point of making blogging as their main source of income.
It is how you treat blogging. If you treat is as a hobby it will remain as a hobby but if you treat it as a business and work on it as a business then it can return to you the benefits you wanted from a business.
If you’re planning to make money with your own blog, you might want to read How Bloggers Earn money online. If you really are decided to start your own blog, follow this easy to follow procedure in signing up for a WordPress blog.
8. Video Blogging – There are a lot of youtube bloggers today that earn thousands of dollars a month by just simply posting their self-made videos. People just simply post viral videos that are eligible for monetization in youtube.
How I wish I knew this when I was still a kid where I can still make funny videos of myself lol.
You might want to check this out: Legit business opportunities online
All of these things only require a stable internet connection, right set of skills that can be acquired for free, and an entrepreneurial heart that can withstand all the ups and downs of running a business.
I wrote here only 12 businesses. If you’re craving for more, here’s a huge list of home based business ideas that can be found online.
Offline Business Ideas:
1. Merienda (snack) – This can vary from a wide range of varieties of foods. Whether it be merienda for mornings or for afternoons it doesn’t matter. I’ve listed it here because it is truly one of the home business in the philippines that can make you earn a lot. Below is a list of meriendas you can start doing business with:
- Kakanin – Puto, Kutsinta, Palitaw, Ube Halaya, Sapin-sapin, Biko, and etc.
- Beverages – Sago Gulaman, Saging Con Yelo, Halo-halo, Juice, and etc.
- Other Merienda – BananaQ, KamoteQ, Fishball, Squidball, Kikiam, Maruya, Kwek-kwek, Ginataang Bilo-bilo, and etc.
I’ve already seen this business to be really profitable specially if you’re in a good location. The business only requires low cost investment so you will not be fearing of your money. Another good thing, if you’re not able to sell all of your mirenda, you just let your members of the family eat all the remains.
Here’s a sample of this business: How a 20-peso capital business earned millions
2. Instructor – If you have a skill or passion for something you do. One of the businesses you can start is to be an instructor. Here are some of the fields of interest you might delve:
- Fitness Instructor
- Musical Instrument
- Special Child
- Personality Development
- Sing and Dance Instructor
The good thing about being an instructor is that you don’t need much to start. You can just simply present yourself as an expert and that’s it! You just need to market yourself whether it be word of the mouth or through social media.
3. Consultancy – If you’re a professional, maybe an Engineer, Lawyer, Accountant, Doctor, or something similar, you can put up a consultation business and work from home. Below is a list of most common consultancy businesses in Philippines:
4. Real Estate Agent – Yet another lucrative way to earn money at the very comfort of your home. This is one of the best businesses you can pick. A single transaction can be your way to your financial freedom at almost zero cost. What you need to do is to become a real estate agent. There are things you need to learn and skills to improve at first, but it’s all worth the effort. You might want to read: Train your negotiation skills
Personally, I’m not fond of putting up a franchise business, even if you’ll get it at low cost, because you are missing the chance of creating your own brand. You are missing the chance to market your brand and yourself.
Unless you really know what you are doing and already have a solid plan do franchise business then it’s all up to you. Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not against franchising business, it’s just that I’m not fond of it. 🙂
If you feel like there’s lacking in these lists kindly inform me on the comment section below. The business ideas should be a home based business and small capital investment.
You might be interested:
- Business Ideas in Pilippines During Summer
- Business Ideas for Introverts and Shy People
- Perfect Small Business Ideas you can start in the Philippines